Latest post Fri, Sep 2 2016 4:57 PM by Pat Horridge. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Sep 2 2016 1:33 PM

• n3bur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 3 2015
    • Brussels
    • Posts 26
    • Points 315

Export LUT

Any chance of exporting LUTs from MC? I'm seeing different embedded luts on the footage I'm working with and would like to apply the same one to all. But can't seem to extract luts from within MC.

• Fri, Sep 2 2016 4:22 PM In reply to

Re: Export LUT

Normally footage with a LUT has the LUT description in its metadata. MC sees that and applies that LUT from its internal set.

If you want to apply one specific LUT to a whole bunch of clips select all the clips. Right click on one clip and choose source settings and color adapter. Now select the LUT you want from the list and add it (you may need to remove other LUTs first if multiple is showing) Apply and exit out. All the clips should now have that LUT.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Sep 2 2016 4:32 PM In reply to

• n3bur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 3 2015
    • Brussels
    • Posts 26
    • Points 315

True, but the given LUT is not in the internal set. I thought if I could export it and install it afterwards it would be there. 

Thanks for your response.

• Fri, Sep 2 2016 4:57 PM In reply to

Have you imported the LUT to MC? If its not an internal LUT and you've not imported it I'm not sure how MC is applying the LUT.

What do you see in the color adapter box?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller