Latest post Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:51 PM by Kenton.VanNatten. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 17 2016 10:55 AM

Any Avid solutions similar to Adobe's Team Projects?

Hello all.

I got really interested in a solution like the one Adobe is proposing on its Beta for Team Projects. My AE and me usually work remotely, sometimes she will be on set, or at her home with cloned media, and a solution that would keep our projects in sync online would be wonderful. Not only that but it would make sharing projects much cheaper than having a full decked storage solution.

I understand Avid has a anywhere big solution but that works only for Studios or TVs.

Is there any partner solution that could accomodate that?

Cheers,

Ed.

Mac Pro 8 core 2.4 Ghz (Middle 2010), 14 Gbs RAM, Matrox MXO2 Mini, GTX970 OSX v.10.10.1 AVID MC 8.3.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 17 2016 5:50 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,020
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Any Avid solutions similar to Adobe's Team Projects?

Eduardo

We have a bunch of instances for this already with Media Composer Cloud, project and bin sharing, Media Central UX and Pro Tools Collab.  We have a different workflow based approach and Adobe works differently - this is NOT imminent but its a good idea to get on beta now so you are ready when it is coming....

email me off forum.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Nov 18 2016 1:06 PM In reply to

Hmmm. I wasn't aware of that. I thought these solutions were based on the premise that you need big server behind you, or via a post a house, or via a TV Station.

I'm going to email you to know more.

Cheers,

Ed.

Mac Pro 8 core 2.4 Ghz (Middle 2010), 14 Gbs RAM, Matrox MXO2 Mini, GTX970 OSX v.10.10.1 AVID MC 8.3.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:24 PM In reply to

Marianna,

I tried emailing you twice. Maybe it didn't get to you but I would be very interested in learning about this option.

I've just received an email from a upcoming feature shot abroad, asking which software we should use.

If you can get back to me that would be extremely useful.

Cheers.

Eduardo.

• Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:51 PM In reply to

Here's a thought for working with multiple editors and cloned media:

Obviously, both editors need the same media.

Set up a Dropbox account and create a folder for each editor. 

Now, when an editor finishes with a Bin that they want to share, have them upload the .avb to their specified Dropbox folder.

You can then manually copy the editor's .avb into your project folder. 

If you wanted to automate the copying, you could use a utility like ChronoSync (I believe it's Mac only, though) and have it set to copy/sync the .avb files from the editor directly into your project folder. 

Another idea that I just had would be to keep your Project folder in your Dropbox folder and then both editors would have access to it on their respective machines. Every save would update the Bins on both ends. However, I would do some extensive testing and establish some sort of protocols about opening the project or bins, making changes to ensure you both weren't working on the same bin at the same time. If it were just two people, it might be manageable, but any more than that might lead to some headaches. 

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller