Latest post Sat, Feb 11 2017 10:31 PM by BarkinMadd. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 11 2017 9:36 AM

color correction

Hi

after studyng a while color correction on premiere i get used to use the method for it

first thing i would adjust white black, shadow and highlight(and exposure) following the resul on the waveform oscilloscope. I learn that each one of those parameters affect mainly in an area of theoscillocope. Workinh this way i start to achieve some decent result

Now i try to do the same on avid but there are differences

Can t find black and white parametrs for instance. Also i don't like that the oscilloscope don't move in realtime while changing valuesùAny suggestion for these issues?

thanks

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 11 2017 1:23 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 583
    • Points 7,445

Re: color correction

There are many tutorials available on the web which will take you through the basics of colour correction in Media Composer, for example....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhcukXzNtVo

As far as the issue of the Avid scopes is concerned... yes, they don't update in real time. To get real-time scopes, you'll need to get an external output from MC (via hardware such as Mojo DX or Blackmagic IO cards) and feed this to an external scope.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 11 2017 10:31 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,641
    • Points 60,645

Re: color correction

Or.... If you have $1000 extra cash hanging around and want a very powerful color grading solution from within Media Composer you can get Baselight Editions from a company called FilmLight. It has realtime scopes and secondary color correction and is very well integrated into MC. 

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller