Latest post Wed, May 3 2017 7:40 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 2 2017 10:11 PM

import a project into another

Hello i want to put all the works i have done in a previous project in a new project i create for th epourpose

Can you please explain me the procedure?

do i just need to open all the bins of the old project into the new?

or i need to copy them from the actual folder where they are stored?

in few word i want to make sure that when i'll delete the old project folder i have ALL and EVERYTHING in the new project folder

thanks a lot

CPU I7 2600k 3.4ghz Ram 32gb Ssd 256gb GPU Nvidia GTX760 Win 10 Avid Media 8.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 3 2017 7:40 AM In reply to

Re: import a project into another

Create your new Project. This will create a project folder with a single bin named after the project name.

Now make a backup (on USB stick or similar) of the old Project folder complete with all thats in it.

Now go to the old project and copy all the .avb files to the new project folder.

Open the new project and check all the bins are as you expect them to be. Any folders you created in the old project to organise bins will need to be recreated.

If all ok you can delete the old Project.

This won;t alter any media stored on the system and if the new Project has a different projhect name then using media tool you won;lt see any media created in the old project listed under the current project.

MC creates media flagged to the Project name it was created in. Not a big issue but can cause complications later when and if you need to do media management.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller