Latest post Mon, Oct 16 2017 1:59 PM by ofinkelde79. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 9 2017 12:50 PM

keeping a project on 2 avids in locations in sync

Hi,

We will have 2 editors in different countries (12 hour time difference) working on the same movie. Editor and assistant editor. They will never work on the movie at the same time, however we would like to keep the project in sync in both locations so the one editor can pick up where the other editor left off. Is this possible with Avid or does this require extra software? If yes how?

Thank you very much.

• Sun, Oct 15 2017 7:36 PM In reply to

Re: keeping a project on 2 avids in locations in sync

You could have each editor save their end of day Project to a cloud location like dropbox or onedrive or google drive.

The next editor copies that locally and works on it then saves it back at the end of heir edit to the cloud.

I'd suggest each editor also keeps a local copy dated so they have a backup.

Both editors will need to have the same edit media on both systems.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Symphony V8.6 / 8.3.1 HP Z400 system [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, Oct 16 2017 1:59 PM In reply to

Re: keeping a project on 2 avids in locations in sync

Thank you. 

Do you know if there is a way to export a project at 1920x1250 at a different resolution by just croping top and bottom so it's 1920x1080?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller