Latest post Mon, Jan 1 2018 10:56 PM by jef. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 1 2018 4:08 PM

File Resolution Changes After Importing Image From Photoshop

Using photoshop, I created a still image file that includes text and photo.  Photoshop reports the size of the entire image at 1920x1080.  When I import this photoshop file into Media Composer, the image quality decreases dramatically such that the text becomes hard to read as if it were out of focus or something.

What do you suggest I do in order to end up with the highest resolution possible and highest image quality possible in Media Composer?  What did I do wrong?  How do I do it right?

Also, I have published and exported the sequence to Quicktime.MOV and when I play it back through QuickTime it still has that low quality (low resolution) problem.

thank you so much

HG

• Mon, Jan 1 2018 4:34 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,192
    • Points 38,760

Re: File Resolution Changes After Importing Image From Photoshop

What exactly are your import settings?  A small mistake there can create what you are seeing.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC 8.5.3 / 8.9.4 | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown" QT 10.0... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Mon, Jan 1 2018 5:30 PM In reply to

screen shot

To see above screen shot, you might have to right click for view options

here's a screen shot of my import settings.

I also tried ["Resize Image To Fit Format Raster"] and that didn't work.

I also tried ["Invert On Import (White = Opaque)"]

• Mon, Jan 1 2018 8:42 PM In reply to

In the past some people with Mac's  have found that exporting the image from Photoshop as a 72dpi 1920:1080 image gives them better results. There is no good technical reason for this to work better but could be worth a try.

I would also try a Save As from Photoshop to  a  *.png image and also a *.jpeg image. 

• Mon, Jan 1 2018 10:56 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,192
    • Points 38,760

mrhgdomenech:

screen shot

To see above screen shot, you might have to right click for view options

here's a screen shot of my import settings.

I also tried ["Resize Image To Fit Format Raster"] and that didn't work.

I also tried ["Invert On Import (White = Opaque)"]

I am sorry, I should have asked what codec did you choose in the import process as well?  Those import settings look good.  But if you accidentally chose a low quality codec, that could mess you up.  And I also agree with Andrew about setting your Photoshop project to 72dpi.  This goes against some logic, but is a tried and true workflow.

Also, can we assume that the raster size of the project you imported into was 1920x1080 as well?

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC 8.5.3 / 8.9.4 | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown" QT 10.0... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller