Latest post Fri, Jan 12 2018 11:05 PM by Job ter Burg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 12 2018 10:20 PM

• Andru
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 8 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

As a timeline, show the name of the tracks from the multichannel audio wav file

We recorded 8 tracks of field produciton audio simultaneously. The recorder saved them as 8-track WAV files, and the recordist added metadata with descriptions for each track (boom, lav, etc...). When these files import to Avid (MC 6.0.3.3 on OSX), I can see that the metadata is imported. The bin shows custom columns for TRK1, TRK2, etc... and for my WAV file, I can see that these tracks are assigned boom, lav, etc.

However, I can't seem to get this metadata to show up on the timeline, where it would actually be helpful for editing. Is there any way to get the track names to show up on the timeline, or is there some other workaround I need to do to be able to see which mic each audio track contains?

Thanks in advance!

• Fri, Jan 12 2018 11:05 PM In reply to

Re: As a timeline, show the name of the tracks from the multichannel audio wav file

That is a longstanding feature request.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller