Latest post Tue, Jan 16 2018 12:05 AM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 14 2018 6:43 PM

Cannot create the AMA sample mapper to play this clip-SelectFileMob()failed

I m trying to solve this issue since three days and haven't found a solution yet...please help!!!!

I'm editing on a Mc Book Pro Retina, 2.7 GHZ Core i7 using Avid version 8.9.4 

My footage is Sony : XAVC Intra 100 (HD1080p) 25fps 1920x1080p. I'm using Nablet XAVC_XDCAM_AMA_plugIn_Mac_4.5.2

I can transcode some clips but for others I got the message: Cannot create AMA sample mapper to play this clip...

I really can't figure it out!

I hope someone knows what to do!

Thanks

Alex

• Tue, Jan 16 2018 12:05 AM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,945
    • Points 214,830
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Cannot create the AMA sample mapper to play this clip-SelectFileMob()failed

Alex

Right click on the sequence in the bin.
    One of the options in the contextual menu should be consolidate/transcode
    Or go to the clip menu.  

Can you select the sequence and transcode to an Avid resolution (DNXHD, etc). If you have v7 or above, you can click the checkbox to only transcode AMA material.

You did not specify the original format/codec. There are a few instances where transcoding may not be desirable, but generally transcoding to Avid media will give you better performance and is the preferred workflow.

You should search in Avid Help for "Transcode" or "Consolidate". Very informative and good to know when to use each option. Can you update your specifications as its good to know what version you are on and your OS. Marianna
    Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller