Latest post Fri, Jan 19 2018 9:18 PM by Avid Wannabe. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 19 2018 9:18 PM

PhraseFind / ScriptSync for 3D character lipsync scenarios ??

My first post and I'm being as honest as I can with my username (!).

Could Avid Media Composer with PhraseFind/ScriptSync be used for the following scenario ?

If I have a 3D human face character made in Lightwave or Cinema 4D and want to animate the face and lip movements to an audio dialogue track, this usualy involves having several variable versions of the head and hiting a facial expression for each speech phoneme from the audio.  A somewhat tedious process of listening and relistening to the track and trying to match an individual mouth movement to the individual frame, etc.  If a guy wants to put together a two hour movie with many characters.....well, you get the picture.

Would there be a way to turbocharge the process in Avid Media Composer using some combination of PhraseFind / ScriptSync if I obtain text transcripts of the audio dialogues?

I understand Avid can search text using a phonetic word input, but can it also output phonetic word breakdowns to match the voices and frames from on an audio file ?  I'm hoping this would allow exact placement of character lip movements very accurately and very quickly. Also, is there a format to export that data so speech keyframes are recognised in a 3D package like Cinema 4D or LIghtwave, which could maybe then automate the process ?  That would be something of a Holy Grail.

Can anyone think of any workflow ?  I'm no editor, but would certainly be prepared to take the full plunge on Avid MC if this could be solved.  Just shooting in the dark here, any comments appreciated with thanks.

(And those dongles on Ebay, are they legal ?)

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller