Latest post Fri, Feb 9 2018 10:12 PM by Ayfer. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 9 2018 8:25 PM

• Ayfer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 9 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Error: "No media can be written to any mounted drive. Please check write permissions."

Recently downloaded MCFirst.  It points to a directory which DOES have read/write permissions, but prompts me with above error message upon loading the program.  I tried rebooting a few times.  It won't save cut media.  I tested it with a quick two clip cut.  Worked fine, until it was time to export. (Yesterday's test .avb file is now ghosted.)

It auto set to the the documents directory on my hard drive.  No problem reading or writing anything else there.

There's plenty of available space on the hard drive.

MacBook Pro mid 2012.  16 gig RAM.  (Also just upgraded to High Sierra, I see it's not yet listed on specs, but everything else seems to work fine...)

Is this a glitch someone can help me with?  Please!

Macbook Pro Mid 2012; 16 gigs; MCFirst [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 9 2018 8:55 PM In reply to

• Ayfer
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Re: Error: "No media can be written to any mounted drive. Please check write permissions."

I just tried plugging in an external drive to see if I could direct it there.  I went into Media Settings and it gives me NO OPTION to select ANY drive.  The current drive doesn't even appear as an option.  Does the defautl video resolution it is at have anything to do with it?  I'm on a Mac and it reads DNxHD 75 MXF.

From the opening "Create" window, it would not give me the option to choose the external drive.

• Fri, Feb 9 2018 9:23 PM In reply to

Re: Error: "No media can be written to any mounted drive. Please check write permissions."

Hi,

can you try this?

https://www.geniusdv.com/tutorials/no-media-can-be-written-to-any-mounted-drive/

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

AVID USERS ECUADOR                                  

@avidusersecuado

• Fri, Feb 9 2018 10:12 PM In reply to

• Ayfer
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

You're the bomb!  Now, I didn't do exactly what it says... but this was the insight I needed to run across a solution.  Instead of opening up the entire root drive, I tried changing settings for wheel and everyone on an external drive.  And the loading error message didn't appear.  A simple cut worked on export.  Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller