Latest post Wed, Mar 14 2018 2:38 AM by jbrad2orr. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 12 2018 1:52 AM

• jbrad2orr
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 24 2011
    • Posts 13
    • Points 165

not importing correct mov into bin

Hey, Guys

I have Avid MC 8.4.4 on a PC that is running Win 10 pro, Nvidia GTX970 and 32 gigs of ram. I created a new project at 720 29.97 and tried to import an MOV file of the same type into a new bin. But, I get the error message that the file is not supported for import. Can you tell me what I may be doing wrong?

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 6:49 AM In reply to

Re: not importing correct mov into bin

jbrad2orr:
    tried to import an MOV file of the same type into a new bin. But, I get the error message that the file is not supported for import.

Hi, what codec is the MOV file?

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Mar 12 2018 3:49 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,109
    • Points 22,675

I agree with Carl... its a codec thing there are a few converters out there that can re encode it to a avid friendly codec 

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Tue, Mar 13 2018 11:36 PM In reply to

• jbrad2orr
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 165

Good thoughts but it did not work. I changed the coding of a clip to Avid 720 29.97. Tried to import it into a bin making sure the project is set to 720 29.97 and the import options were set to the same. But, I still get the File not supported for import. I will keep trying but if you can think of anything else I would appreciate it.

• Wed, Mar 14 2018 12:37 AM In reply to

• jbrad2orr
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 165

Well, fixed half of the problem. I needed to install Quicktime in order to bring in the video. But, no sound comes with it. The first two clips said the audio may be damaged and did not import it. After that it stopped saying it and just imported the video. I can import any mp3 or m4a audio without issue. I installed quicktime 7.7.9 which got me the video. I was afraid to load it because Avid said Quicktime had issues with Windows 10 pro which I have. Did they fix that issue? If so, should I install Quicktime 10?

Thank you for the support guys. It means a lot.

• Wed, Mar 14 2018 2:38 AM In reply to

• jbrad2orr
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 13
    • Points 165

Well, again, I may have solved my own problem. At least one more part of it. 8.4.4 is not compatible with Windows 10 pro. So, that may be my issue on the audio. I will look into upgrading but if anyone has an idea I have not considered let me know.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller