Latest post Mon, Mar 19 2018 7:07 PM by Job ter Burg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 19 2018 6:07 PM

• Tonloc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Mar 19 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Downmixing 5.1 to stereo play out

I am running MC 8.4 on a windows platform, shared media (ISIS). I am playing out 5.1 final mixed tracks (from ProTools - not SMPTE) but have a stereo monitoring set up. I set my Audio out to 5.1 sequence and stereo out, but the stereo that comes out has the voice thrown to the left. I have tried both ProTools and SMPTE settings for the type of 5.1 but the voice goes either left or right.  In other words, the mix doesn't appear to fold down to a stereo image.  Is there some set up I am missing?

• Mon, Mar 19 2018 7:07 PM In reply to

Re: Downmixing 5.1 to stereo play out

Looks like the 5.1 you brought in is incorrect. LoRo Mixdowns in MC are quite simple.

when you say you tried both SMPTE and Pro Tools, do you mean under clip->modify-set multichannel audio? Are your internal meers set to SMPTE or Pro Tools order? How does the 5.1 look on the audio mix tool?

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller