Latest post Thu, Apr 12 2018 2:26 AM by mccorme. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 21 2018 1:43 PM

• Nailfoot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 35

Locks up after publishing large files

I am hoping someone has a solution other than using task manager to kill the program. When I publish a large file (greater then 10GB), Media Composer First will lock up.

The file is being published to my local drive, and the publish operation does complete. The publish box simply hangs.

I have tried to attach a picture, but it doesn't seem to be working.

https://imgur.com/a/ajSF8

• Thu, Mar 22 2018 6:47 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,167
    • Points 217,500
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Locks up after publishing large files

Nailfoot

I believe there is a known issue with Windows 7 (or 10?) and YouTube – it’s not an MC bug.

I think we put it in the ReadMe for First under Limitations but I will check for you.....   

Publish is limited to a Quicktime movie in either H.264 or DNxHD.  The export options are limited to Best, Fastest and Better with best giving the best quality.  Cant modify the exports data-rate or is frame size, as this is locked to the projects frame size. 

By default, you can upload videos to YouTube that are up to 15 minutes long.   there are some tweeks you can find on google to get aorund that ( YMMV ) and you might be able to upload videos that are longer than 15 minutes long. The maximum file size you can upload to YouTube is 128GB.

M

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Mar 22 2018 8:07 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,167
    • Points 217,500
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Nailfoot:

I am hoping someone has a solution other than using task manager to kill the program. When I publish a large file (greater then 10GB), Media Composer First will lock up.

The file is being published to my local drive, and the publish operation does complete. The publish box simply hangs.

I have tried to attach a picture, but it doesn't seem to be working.

https://imgur.com/a/ajSF8

Did some added testing and it might be a bug....  the file hangs bt the file does in fact get created to the local drive. right?

what version of MC First and what OS?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Mar 23 2018 10:56 PM In reply to

• Nailfoot
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 21 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 35

The file does indeed finish publishing to my local drive. Larger files (20GB or even greater) take hours and hours to publish. I use Quicktime, h.264, best quality, 1920x1080

I do not publish directly to Youtube as I like to proof it before hand for additional edits.

I am using WIndows 10 and MC First version 2018.3.

• Thu, Apr 12 2018 2:26 AM In reply to

• mccorme
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 12 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Im having the same issue.  Win 10, 16GB RAM, i7.  Upload to local or YouTube and it just stalls out at this screen.  Can exit or anything, have to force close

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller