Latest post Sun, Jun 17 2018 10:26 AM by Brad. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jun 16 2018 5:16 PM

• Brad
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • West Yorkshire
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,160

MYSTERY!!! Consolidated master clips reverting to previous media

Ok please help.  I'm transporting a project from one drive to another.  I've consolidated the raw footage.  For whatever reason, the subclips from the project aren't relinked automatically to the new consolidated media, even though the master clips from which they were subbed are.

So when I tested the transported project with the original drive unmounted, there's loads of offline media, as I used subclips as the source material for the sequence primarily.

I read somewhere to try relinking the sequence, which strangely has worked but only partially.  Many subclips are now showing the new drive.  But for some reason some of the subclips are still showing the original drive.

Now here is where the real mystery comes in.  After match framing back from the sequence that leads me to the offline media, the newly consolidated master clip to which the subclip should have relinked REVERTS back to showing itself on the old drive.  It keeps happening over and over.  I've consolidated it 3 times now.  

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance:

MC 2018.5

iMac 27" late 2012

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

32gb 1600 MHz DDR3

High Sierra

imac late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 OS 10.13.2 MC 8.10.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 16 2018 7:40 PM In reply to

• djkinky
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Re: MYSTERY!!! Consolidated master clips reverting to previous media

the .new files won't relink the subclips automatically. The .old files would. But you can always relinks all the subclips to the files on the new drive.

Hope this will do.

Cheers

• Sun, Jun 17 2018 10:26 AM In reply to

• Brad
    • Not Ranked
    • West Yorkshire
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,160

Re: MYSTERY!!! Consolidated master clips reverting to previous media

As I mentioned, I tried relinking the subclips but that didn't seem to do anything.  I keep getting the "no clips were relinked" message.

And then after doing that, as I said, the master clips to which they should relink (the ".new" clips mysteriously revert to the original drive!

What's your method for relinking the subclips?

Thanks.

imac late 2012 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 OS 10.13.2 MC 8.10.0 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller