Latest post Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:00 PM by vh@umbodid.is. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Aug 27 2018 8:49 PM

• Diva3000
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 27 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

mac2qt assert - Please help asap!

Hey there,

the following message appears when i try to open a sequence, then MC crashes down:

Some more infos: 

I received the project including .mxf files from someone else and try to reopen it. I got 2 sequences. The 1st one is the problematic one, the 2nd works!

I already checked the rights of the sequence and the .mxf files. I already setup a new default user profile (which most of the time solves problem starting with this "mac2qt" thing).

MC 2018.8 /// Desktop PC /// Win10 ///  i7-8700K CPU @3.70GHz - 32 GB RAM

Please help asap. Thanks in advance!

• Tue, Aug 28 2018 2:55 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: mac2qt assert - Please help asap!

This error will occur when the Avid User Settings are corrupt... but I see you delete the one that is there and created a new one right?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Aug 28 2018 3:07 PM In reply to

• Diva3000
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Yes. It has got nothing to do with the User Settings, that's for sure.

In the meantime this post was approved i got in contact with the AVID support directly and they said it might got something to do with a corrupt (mxf) file. I am right now checking and sorting out files with the "divide and conquer method" and hope to find something. Nevertheless i am happy about any further ideas. Also about suggestions how to localize the described error as the project's got more than 1500 mxf files.

• Tue, Aug 28 2018 3:17 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

The easiest way to find the suspect clip(s), is to split the timeline in a few pieces - and play and one of them will fail and then you can split that until you find the culprit.

this is time consuming but the only real way to figure it out

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Sep 10 2018 3:17 PM In reply to

Marianna -- Any further word on this issue?  Had the exact same error as Diva3000 this morning.  Running MC 2018.8 on Win 10.  Hard drive crunches for about two minutes upon opening the project then throws up the same error.  Restarted Avid and while it still crunches on project load, it went ahead and allowed me to edit without crashing on the 2nd try.  Only thing different is that I upgraded from 2018.3 to 2018.8 about two weeks ago.  This is the first time I've seen this error before. Just letting someone know it's not an isolated thing.

Avid Media Composer 2018.10 MSI GT73VR 6RE Titan SLI Intel i7 Laptop Windows 10 Pro 64GB RAM USB3 media storage BlackMagic Design UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

Jason Spencer, Director/DP/Editor digitallunchbox.com

• Mon, Sep 10 2018 5:18 PM In reply to

• Diva3000
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

I also worked in version 2018.8 on a project that was created on a previous one (in this case 8.8.5). And to this day i didn't find the error that caused all of this. And i don't care. I found a workaround to not work in AVID anymore. I didn't want to do the "divide and conquer method" because there are 2000 files and it's not my job to sit there and puzzle mxf files. Even if i would have found some troublecausing files, what should i have done with them? Throw them away? Or telling my client, a big TV post production company, that they have some malfunctioning files on their machines which are working fine with them? So sorry AVID MC, you once again messed up ... big time.

BTW I think it's an 2018.8 error that leads to buggy behaviour of specific files that were created in a previous version. And once you have this problem it won't go away even if you downgrade. So @Jason, i hope you will solve the problem. But i'm afraid that we - the unpaid beta testers - probably have to wait until more people will report this.

• Mon, Sep 10 2018 7:30 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

wjasonspencer:

Marianna -- Any further word on this issue?  Had the exact same error as Diva3000 this morning.  Running MC 2018.8 on Win 10.  Hard drive crunches for about two minutes upon opening the project then throws up the same error.  Restarted Avid and while it still crunches on project load, it went ahead and allowed me to edit without crashing on the 2nd try.  Only thing different is that I upgraded from 2018.3 to 2018.8 about two weeks ago.  This is the first time I've seen this error before. Just letting someone know it's not an isolated thing.

Can you email me or PM me your email address and system ID.  

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Sep 10 2018 7:31 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Diva3000:

I also worked in version 2018.8 on a project that was created on a previous one (in this case 8.8.5). And to this day i didn't find the error that caused all of this. And i don't care. I found a workaround to not work in AVID anymore. I didn't want to do the "divide and conquer method" because there are 2000 files and it's not my job to sit there and puzzle mxf files. Even if i would have found some troublecausing files, what should i have done with them? Throw them away? Or telling my client, a big TV post production company, that they have some malfunctioning files on their machines which are working fine with them? So sorry AVID MC, you once again messed up ... big time.

BTW I think it's an 2018.8 error that leads to buggy behaviour of specific files that were created in a previous version. And once you have this problem it won't go away even if you downgrade. So @Jason, i hope you will solve the problem. But i'm afraid that we - the unpaid beta testers - probably have to wait until more people will report this.

David.

I just created a new case on this as I dont know why tudor closed it out.  This has nothing to do with your subscription. added the new info and gave direction that they need to look at media crated in older MC versions as the possible culprit.

do you hppen to know which older version(s) some of the media may have come from?

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Sep 11 2018 6:36 PM In reply to

• Diva3000
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

My client sent the files to me using version 8.8.5. They consolidated/transcoded them for me. But they didn't ingest and so did not create the original .mxf files themselves. If you want i can try to find out on which version the "mxf creators" worked.

• Tue, Sep 11 2018 6:53 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Good intel David....  I will send this over to tudor.

THANK YOU!

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Thu, Oct 25 2018 4:56 PM In reply to

Hi Guys

any update on this - we are seeing the same error on a brand new instal.

• Sun, Oct 28 2018 10:57 PM In reply to

• Feralfons
    • Not Ranked
    • Galicia, spain
    • Posts 119
    • Points 1,320

Hi!

I have also encountered this problem.

The software is hanging and I'm losing a lot of work time.

I also need a solution now.

Thank you

MC2018 SymphonyOption, BMD 4K Extreme, Dual XEON 14 core, 128GB Ram, Titan X Pascal, Stardom SAS Raid5 // Artist Color // MC2018 SymphonyOption on MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]

Fernando Alfonsin

www.alfonsindigitallab.com

• Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:30 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

You should be contacting support directly if it is causing that much havoc.  I wil try and create a case for you now but in the future - you can access the support portal through your MY Avid.

Case # 03580914

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Mon, Oct 29 2018 4:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

vh...

System specs please - OS, MC version etc...

then I can create a acse for this....

standing by but you can also email me and if so include the system ID

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Oct 30 2018 12:29 AM In reply to

• Felipe 82
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 30 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Hi Marianna, I have a similar problem that occurred today.

Today I updated my Avid Media Composer to last version and now when i run the program it send me two alerts message about start point error *MAC2qt.dll* and *UlShellQt.dll*, and the program no open.
    I have a PC with Windows 10 with a annual suscription. 
    Please can you give me a solution because I use Avid for work and I am desperate.

I Attach you the message errors. THANKS! pic.twitter.com/M7a7pY2P5q
    (the pic messages is in Spanish because i use it with that language)

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller