Latest post Mon, Sep 24 2018 11:03 AM by David Yardley. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 24 2018 7:28 AM

Re linking a Consolidated Seq back to original files?

Hi,

I am working at a facility running Avids on a unity shared storage and interplay.

I needed to take home a seq to work on over the weekend so I consolidated it to a portable drive took it home and worked on it on my Avid at home - so far so good.

But when I bring the seq back how do I relink it back to the original files on the shared storage NOT the newly created consolidated files on my portable drive?

I realise I could consolidate it back onto the shared drives but I am concerned that will this cause issues when the facility goes to online the picture locked seq?

Can anyone please help!

• Mon, Sep 24 2018 9:57 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 577
    • Points 7,385

Re: Re linking a Consolidated Seq back to original files?

Damian_Knight:
    But when I bring the seq back how do I relink it back to the original files on the shared storage NOT the newly created consolidated files on my portable drive?

Have you tried using the 'Relink' command in MC?

Obviously, don't have the portable drive connected when you do this. Haven't used Unity storage for a number of years but the Relink command can be pointed to particular drives and media types.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Sep 24 2018 11:03 AM In reply to

Re: Re linking a Consolidated Seq back to original files?

Relink will work, but if the shots are synced subclips, highlight the subclips and relink to them, otherwise the sequence will relink to the pix and sound masterclips.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona Lhi. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 32GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller