Latest post Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:10 PM by Igor. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 30 2018 6:10 PM

• Igor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 9 2009
    • Posts 48
    • Points 445

Photo compositing inside Avid MC

Hello,

I just wanted to get some feedback, maybe tips on how to build compositions from photos and graphics inside Avid, without using other programs except for Photoshop maybe. It is quite surprising that the program, called a composer, does not contain built-in tools for comfortable working with photocompositions. The Pan & Zoom tool does not allow to crop, mask photos and overlay them in different modes on the video. I found for myself a way out in using a third-party plug-in from Boris, which for some reason dubbed AvidFX. It has not been updated for a long time and, generally speaking, it is not very convenient to use. This is especially true of complex trajectories of movement on the photo, which quickly turn into painful attempts to achieve smoothness. I recently tried the original Boris RED 5.6 plugin. As it turned out, it often allows you to watch real-time previews with reduced quality. But unfortunately, he was unstable, often crashes with the host and my attempts to communicate with support about his correct work with Quadro GPU did not work. So, what could be the modern way to work with Avid photos inside, without using After Effects. I heard there is a connector for Fusion, but I have not yet managed to get close to this program.

Thanks for any advice

HP Z8 G4 Workstation, Win10prox64bit, Avid MC on Blackmagic DeckLink Studio 4K, Nvidia Quadro P5000, RAM 64 GB. [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller