Latest post Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:52 AM by Smallan. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 17 2018 4:09 AM

• Smallan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Queensland, Australia
    • Posts 252
    • Points 3,390

Dual screen, not seeing the whole of MC on one screen.

Hi, I haven't used Media Composer for a while, but I opened up yesterday to do some editing and on my second monitor MC has moved up a bit so that I can't see the minimise and close buttons.  I can minimise the Composer and the Timeline, or whatever components are there according to my Workspace, but I can't move MC's main interface down so that I can see the very top of the UI.  I can adjust the lateral size of the UI. 

Not a big issue of course, but could somebody please help with that?

I'm using MC version 6 on Windows 7 Professional.

Thank you.

MB: Asus P9X79 PRO. CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K. Power Supply: Corsair AX850. Ram: 16GB(4x 4GB). GPU: Nvidia GTX670. Boot Drive: Intel 520 Series 120GB Solid... [view my complete system specs]

Call me Al.

• Sat, Nov 17 2018 6:28 AM In reply to

Re: Dual screen, not seeing the whole of MC on one screen.

Try this:

1. SHIFT+right-click on Media Composer in the Windows task bar at the bottom of the screen

2. Select MOVE

3. Use the keyboard arrow keys to move the main MC interface window down so you can see the top of the UI

Media Composer 2019.12 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Nov 17 2018 6:56 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,633
    • Points 66,110

Can You see the edge of any other program maximized? If not it's a monitor issue, it can be fixed by fiddling with the monitor controls.

Symphony 19.12, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Sat, Nov 17 2018 11:52 AM In reply to

• Smallan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Queensland, Australia
    • Posts 252
    • Points 3,390

Thank you both very much for the help, yes, the UI on both screens moved down so that the buttons on the right screen were visible. The UI on the right screen is just a little higher than on the left screen for some reason, but no matter, I'm able to collapse the application now.

I appreciate the help 👌.

MB: Asus P9X79 PRO. CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K. Power Supply: Corsair AX850. Ram: 16GB(4x 4GB). GPU: Nvidia GTX670. Boot Drive: Intel 520 Series 120GB Solid... [view my complete system specs]

Call me Al.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller