Latest post Fri, Dec 7 2018 2:09 PM by George Angeludis. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 6 2018 6:19 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 38
    • Points 475

Title tool

I'm just beginning to get a handle on MC's title tool options, having produced most of my graphics exertnally with other applications.

Until last week, selecting the Title Tool using the tools menu gave me the option of choosing between the simple Avid Title Tool or Marquee (or New Blue Title Pro, which was greyed out). I seem to have checked some "remember this choice" box when opeing the Title Tool, and I no longer get the option to choose - how do I restore this? - I want to try Marquee but retain the option of either.

There is no setting for Title Tool in the settings menu, and the "T" button on the top of the timeline window invokes only the prompt "Please Install New Blue Titler Pro" Supposing that new Blue was not installed, I tried to run an installation (which I had on my server but canh'øt remember where it came from) and this opened a Windows MSI windows with the instructions in Russian Cyrillic text - I did try but I don't know if it got installed. I certainly cannot find evidence of this applicatiojn in any of my Windows folders.

Can anyone enlighten me on any of the above? Thanks!

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6 core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics External storage... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 6 2018 6:37 PM In reply to

• CinéMatica
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2014
    • Belgium | Europe
    • Posts 90
    • Points 965

Re: Title tool

Hi Adrian, 

Go to the SETTINGS tab in the Project window.

Search for TITLE TOOL (or just press T on the keyboard to get it faster) and double click on it. A window pops up were you can set it up like you want.

Hope this helps!

Greetings,

Ivan

Avid Media Composer 2018.10.0.49715.0 | Avid Symphony Option | Avid ScriptSync 2.0 | Avid PhraseFind 2.0 | Avid Pro Tools 11.3.1.370 | Avid Application... [view my complete system specs]

Yes, I have installed the latest DX driver.

• Thu, Dec 6 2018 6:49 PM In reply to

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 38
    • Points 475

Thanks Ivan - but my point was that that was the choice which had disappeared - but further experimentation showed that the setting to offer the option is in the settings menu under Marquee Title - I have restored it.

But I still haven't found out what New Blue Titler Pro is (or where to download it and how to install it) I don't think the installer with the russian menu text is very useful :)

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6 core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics External storage... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 6 2018 6:54 PM In reply to

Adrain,

let´s talk about New Blue Fx.

send me an e-mail to:

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

cj

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

AVID USERS ECUADOR                                  

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Thu, Dec 6 2018 8:05 PM In reply to

• CinéMatica
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 24 2014
    • Belgium | Europe
    • Posts 90
    • Points 965

Adrian Redmond:

But I still haven't found out what New Blue Titler Pro is (or where to download it and how to install it).

Adrian,

You can download NewBlue Titler Pro from the Avid Application Manager. It's on the the Plug-ins tab.

Hope this helps!

Ivan

Avid Media Composer 2018.10.0.49715.0 | Avid Symphony Option | Avid ScriptSync 2.0 | Avid PhraseFind 2.0 | Avid Pro Tools 11.3.1.370 | Avid Application... [view my complete system specs]

Yes, I have installed the latest DX driver.

• Fri, Dec 7 2018 2:09 PM In reply to

I would go for the 2018.12 with the new Title Tool which is coming end of December.

Consider that.

Desktop
    Corsair RM750X/Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)/i7 2600K@4.4/Corsair 32G DDR3/PNY Quadro P2000D(390.77)/Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB/ 2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0/LG BH16NS40/W10 Pro 64bit/Media Composer Software 2018.11 with Symphony Option on Dongle/2xHP 22'' Monitors/M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller