Latest post Wed, Jan 2 2019 10:23 PM by cls105. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 2 2019 10:23 PM

• cls105
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • los angeles
    • Posts 422
    • Points 5,450

AMA File export much slower when audio is included.

This is a 80min UHD doc with 10 channels of audio.

In the past I remember doing ama file export and getting 100% on all 14 cores.

This time my export was at about 50% cpu ussage.

I did a test just exporting only my video tracks and I am getting fast export speeds again at 100%.

It looks like ama exporting video and audio at once really slows it down.   I wonder if its paralell encoding video and audio rather than serially (one then the other).  Could it be the paralell encoding slowing this down?

I don't want to get into details about my storage, because I don't think its the bottle neck. 

At one point I even deleted all of my audio precomutes and re-rendered them to my nvme drive, and audio still slowed down the export.

The best solution I found was to mixdown the 10 channels of audio first, then export ama with media processor.

So in short, If i only ama export video I get 100% cpu usage.  If I include audio, it drops to 50% cpu usage.

I really want to know whats going on under the hood when media composer is exporting.

Any thoughts on this topic?

thanks

MC 2018.12.1, diy x299 7940x 4.7ghz OC, 1080ti, 128gb ram, w10 pro (1803) DM me on instagram for tech Q's: dvhaime [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller