Latest post Wed, Jun 21 2006 4:15 PM by AvidVideo. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 20 2006 8:09 AM

Hi hear strange noises...

I'd appreaciate any help with two issues on my system please:

This one really has me...my Adrenaline is brand new and running OK.  But through the day I keep hearing the Windows error sound (ding) at irregular intervals, let's say three times an afternoon. Only no one is using the system at that time, all the apps running on it at that time are fine, and there are no error messages on the screen.  Sounds weird? Is there an error log somewhere I can check to see what is causing this? 

Second issue: I'm working with three sequences from my old Meridien Xpress.  When MCA redigitizes them and only captures audio tracks in capture tool, it doesn't cut the client monitor to black or runs the video along as meridien did...it shows something that looks like video feedback - coloured lines, garbage...sorry, don't know how to describe this.  Any ideas or settings I can check?

Avid Media Composer 2018.10 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 20 2006 10:59 AM In reply to

• Macindries
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Belgium
    • Posts 50
    • Points 475

Re: Hi hear strange noises...

c,

The thing you can check is the windows event manager. Look there is there aren't any errors. It looks like there is something wrong. Do you get a lot of access violations?

for the video 'burst'. Do you still get that if you hook off the video? What if you change input source?

You can always run the hardware tool for the meridien box if you want.

• Tue, Jun 20 2006 11:55 AM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Macindries:

You can always run the hardware tool for the meridien box if you want.

He's current issues are on a MCA !

Corne Scheepers, i have no idea about the problem 1, but problem 2 is well known for old Xpress users moving to MCA!

Don't try to open the whole Meridien project, create a new one with the same name on MCA, and import the bins from the old one. Issues are owed to old non supported project settings.

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Tue, Jun 20 2006 12:12 PM In reply to

Sep

I've done exactly that, only took the bin into MCA.  The media that has been captured looks fine.  It's the playback signal on my client monitor that's wrong.  An ACSR recommended that I try turning off Confidence view.  Will try it.  As for the first issue, I found this in the Event log:

"Service Control Manager

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service entered the running state"

Any ideas?

Avid Media Composer 2018.10 HP ZBook 17 Gen3, i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60Ghz Win 10, 64GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 20 2006 2:48 PM In reply to

It is an OS service that helps load the proper drivers and communication protocols for web cams, scanners and digital cameras.

In the Event Log, you usually are looking for with a red or yellow flag with the event.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 20 2006 3:11 PM In reply to

No red or yellow flags...I've been rushing into the event log now every time I hear a ding. What does seem to occur a lot in the logs, about the same time as the dings, are events for "Flamethrower started" and "Flamethrower stopped".  This is strange, because the Avid app is not running at the moment. Isn't Flamethrower associated with MCA?
  • Tue, Jun 20 2006 4:23 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Does the problem happen with footage caotured or digitized (not redigitized) with MCA ?

If yes, try another resolution (Meridien, DV ....)

Is the signal crappy on component and compsite output (even try Svideo AND SDI)

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Tue, Jun 20 2006 5:52 PM In reply to

• cassano
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 211
    • Points 2,640

CorneScheepers:
    No red or yellow flags...I've been rushing into the event log now every time I hear a ding. What does seem to occur a lot in the logs, about the same time as the dings, are events for "Flamethrower started" and "Flamethrower stopped".  This is strange, because the Avid app is not running at the moment. Isn't Flamethrower associated with MCA?

As I understand it, "Flamethrower" is the name that the programmers used for the DNA I/O box when the system was under development. 

Have you got a good reference signal going to the box?  No loose hardware connections from the I/O box to the CPU?

xw8400 w/4Gb RAM / NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500/ MCA v2.8/ Unity LANshare EX v4.1.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 20 2006 9:30 PM In reply to

• ramz434
    • Not Ranked
    • Long Island
    • Posts 194
    • Points 2,435

For the noises, have you tried to reseat your memory. If its not seated properly you may can get the Windows beeps, and your system may read that its all there. This happened to us. Somewhere along the line, the memory cards popped out just a bit and started beeping randomly for no apparent reason, while telling us that all the memory was being seen. If its an HP workstation, HP tech support can tell you what error it is, by the number of beeps that go off at a time.
    - HP Z400/24gb ram/Windows 10/MC8.9.4/256gb Samsung SSD/ NVidia GTX 1080/HP ZR22 Monitors/ - Macbook Pro/16gb ram/OS 10.13/MC8.9.4/NVIDIA GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 7:41 AM In reply to

thanks ramz434, I'll try this. Sounds like the problem I've been having.
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 1:56 PM In reply to

Finally figured out why I have video howlback when digitizing audio only - in the Capture settings there's an option for "Display incoming video in the client monitor".  Mine was unchecked.  Strange of Avid to offer settings that would cause this...just glad it works now.  I was worried my Adrenaline was toast. 

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 4:15 PM In reply to

• AvidVideo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 17 2006
    • Little Rock
    • Posts 22
    • Points 330

Glad you were able to resolve this. I've reported a similar situation and not had a resolution. Avid tech (Assurance) has not been able to “fix”. Everything seems to “work” but the “howling” can’t be good for the system. I’ve always had the “Display incoming video” box checked.  Go figure.

I posted a similar thread on this forum several months ago.

http://www.avid.com/exchange/forums/thread/54967.aspx

(Avid Qualified & Optimized) Win7 Dell T7610 Dual 8-core E5-2650V2@ 2.6 GHz 20MB cache/ 32GB 1866Mhz memory. Nvidia Quadro K4000. 2TB SATA-II system... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller