Latest post Wed, Jun 21 2006 9:37 PM by wjasonspencer. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 7:30 PM

DVI monitoring for MC software only version

I use MC Adrenaline HD at a nearby facility and an Xpress Pro HD at my office.  The new Media Composer software only version is supposed to support DVI monitoring.  Does anyone know if the DVI option is capable of being broadcast quality with the appropriate monitor?  (I understand that consumer monitors are limiting.)  Don't know if anyone knows the answer to this but I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I've never used an LCD or DVI for edit preview before and am curious.

Thanks,
    Avid Media Composer 2018.10 MSI GT73VR 6RE Titan SLI Intel i7 Laptop Windows 10 Pro 64GB RAM USB3 media storage BlackMagic Design UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

Jason Spencer, Director/DP/Editor digitallunchbox.com

• Wed, Jun 21 2006 7:41 PM In reply to

• DaveS
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • San Diego, CA
    • Posts 222
    • Points 2,675

Re: DVI monitoring for MC software only version

...and it would be oh-so-functional if the same breakout cable Avid is supplying to the SDI Mojo could take the DVI signal from the graphics host and give you BNCs to connect to a true broadcast monitor - of course it wouldn't carry audio signals, though.
    Mid 2014 Retina MBP 2.5 i7 w16 GB RAM. Running MC Symphony 2018 with PhraseFind! High Sierra 10.13.6. OWC Thunderbolt dock, 2xSSD Akitio Thunderbolt enclosure... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 8:42 PM In reply to

I think it was wmcole a couple of days back that gave a good post on DVI monitoring to LCD's.
    My understanding is that the DVI output to full screen monitoring will be a feature of all .5 releases. Pro, MC and MCA.

I thought the webcast this morning was going to cover this but it did not
  • Wed, Jun 21 2006 9:37 PM In reply to

Me too.  They kind of overlooked the DVI feature.  I think it's one of the more exciting features in the new systems. We're considering a laptop MC solution with a DVI monitor that we can take on site with a HVX200 and do roughcuts with.  Having a lightweight HD monitoring solution that's broadcast quality (or dang close) would be sweet.
    Avid Media Composer 2018.10 MSI GT73VR 6RE Titan SLI Intel i7 Laptop Windows 10 Pro 64GB RAM USB3 media storage BlackMagic Design UltraStudio Mini... [view my complete system specs]

Jason Spencer, Director/DP/Editor digitallunchbox.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller