Latest post Thu, Jun 22 2006 7:19 PM by KCHight. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 22 2006 9:11 AM

• rdeditor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 100
    • Points 1,335

Quick question about the Locator tool

Is there a way to delete or re-order the columns? I have no need to see the name column but it's always there taking up space. To see more of my comments I have to make the Locator window larger because of this useless column.
    Freelance. Symphony, Symphony Nitris, DS Nitris [view my complete system specs]
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
  • Thu, Jun 22 2006 1:00 PM In reply to

Re: Quick question about the Locator tool

Right clicking on the column names gives you some management options, but I can't find one for re-ordering.
    Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Thu, Jun 22 2006 5:26 PM In reply to

• rdeditor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 100
    • Points 1,335

Yeah, I can resize it to fairly small but that takes like 5 or 6 right clicks and it's still taking up space. It seems like someting that would be able to be deleted since you can change headings or columns in everything else.
    Freelance. Symphony, Symphony Nitris, DS Nitris [view my complete system specs]
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
  • Thu, Jun 22 2006 7:19 PM In reply to

• KCHight
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 31 2005
    • Lanesville, IN
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,795

Hello rdedit,
    It is really something to see the start of this thread since I am doing a lot with the locator tool today.

I had an assistant editor log a 22 minute clip last night with numerous locators so I could find particular parts of the clip to put in my timeline today. I grabbed the right side of the locator window to widen it so that I can see the comments and stretched it up so I could see all of the locators at once without scrolling. Unfortunately, a lot of the individual clips are anywhere from a second to one or two frames short for the hole in my timeline. I am using the "trim-to-fill" effect under "timewarp" to lengthen them. Everytime I go into effect mode, the locator window closes and reopens when I go back to edit mode. However, it opens to it's default size and shape. I have to resize it each time.

It can get really frustrating when you have to resize it 10 times an hour.

Can the locator window be taught to remember it's size and shape?

Thanks,
    Ken
    HPxw8200, twin Xeon 3.4 Ghz, 4.00 GB RAM, 8 external Ultra 320GB LVD SCSI in two 4-way stripes, internal 140GB HDD partitioned to C and D, internal NEC... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller