Latest post Fri, Jan 18 2019 11:00 AM by Simon_h. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 17 2019 1:17 PM

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 73
    • Points 940

Updated to 18.12 and old audio bug seems to have reappeared

Hi 

I'm noticing since updating that a bug that was previously fixed seems to have reappeared.

Sometimes when I change the audio level of a track using the mixer, afterwards the timeline will not play anymore.  The only way I know to reset this is to restart Avid (if anyone knows a quicker reset, please let me know).

This is working with AVCHD footage from a C100 and a very simple timeline with just one layer of video and two of audio.

I remember this used to happen a few versions ago, but it was fixed.

Anyone else experiencing this again?

Simon

AVID 2018.12 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 7, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. Sorenson 8.5 and... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 17 2019 7:08 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,832
    • Points 20,215
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Updated to 18.12 and old audio bug seems to have reappeared

Hi Simon,

Did you inform support about this audio bug in your open ticket? Do you want me to open up a separate case for this?

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 18 2019 11:00 AM In reply to

• Simon_h
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 20 2011
    • Cambridge, UK
    • Posts 73
    • Points 940

Re: Updated to 18.12 and old audio bug seems to have reappeared

Hi Ralph

To be honest, I'm not sure how to open a ticket, so by all means please open a separate case.   

Here are some more details:

This fault occurs intermittently when I change the audio level of a channel using the mixer - about 2-3 times during a days editing.   At which point, I cannot play any media or the timeline using the space bar or the onscreen play button.  All keyboard shortcuts also stop working - operations can only be done using the mouse.  

I've now discovered that if I change to a different saved workspace then control is restored and Avid is back to normal.

AVID 2018.12 on HP Z820 MT XEON, 2GhZ, 32GB, Windows 7, Nvidia Quadro 2000, Crucial SSD Hard Drive with several WD Blacks for media. Sorenson 8.5 and... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller