Latest post Sun, Jan 20 2019 5:17 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 17 2019 5:17 PM

• Susi
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London, UK
    • Posts 583
    • Points 6,700

resolutions and color space for new project

Sequencing thousands of sequential stills from Canon DSLRs, and projecting the final results;
    any tips on setting up a 4K project?

I've never worked at higher resolution than blu-ray before. And consistent color rendition will be important across sequences from different seasons - in addition to some frames being printed for display alongside the movies.
    A good few months' work is ahead and I'd love to start on the right foot, as they say.

Any tips v welcome (eg., it seems intuitive to stick to 'RGB' space, but is that even meaningful across print to video/screen?)

Media Composer 2018.9.0 on 13" early-2015 Macbook Pro (OSX10.13.6) 3.1GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB Gizmos... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 20 2019 5:17 PM In reply to

Re: resolutions and color space for new project

Stick to RGB and you are lmited to uncompressed so I'd go with YCrCb

IS 4K what you need to project or is it UHD? what was the footage shot as?

As long as the project colour space matches the dislay device it should be good. It should be consistant as lonmg as you dont change mid project.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller