Latest post Fri, Feb 1 2019 4:27 AM by hbrock. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 30 2019 5:07 PM

How to get metadat from excel into MC with cut and paste

Hi. Anyone have any ideas about how to translate custom meta-data from excel into ALE for avid. Or anyway to get in without having to cut and paste every filed. I've been experimenting in round tripping through Silverstack, but so far I've been unsuccessful. Any ideas?

• Fri, Feb 1 2019 4:27 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,518
    • Points 64,035
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: How to get metadat from excel into MC with cut and paste

The trick is to get the proper header on top of tab delimited data.  The first few lines of the header only have a few tabs while the final header line has all of the field names delimited by tabs.  Export or copy any ALE with the proper frame rate and make sure all of the header fields have the desired names for your data and are seperated by tabs.  Use any text editor and make a copy of the header file to use it as a template for future use.  Finally, use a text editor to add the meta-data from a tab delimited export from Excel to the header file save it as a tab delimited text file with .ale as the extension and import into Avid.  Any fields not standard in Media Composer will be added to the bin along with the other meta-data in the expected fields.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller