Latest post Sat, Feb 2 2019 7:13 PM by ProfHank. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 2 2019 1:47 AM

• ProfHank
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 18 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

MC Educational Licensing Renewal Software Glitch

Running Avid Media Composer 2018.12 (perpetual license) on Mac OSX 10.13.6

Everything was running fine until I received a notice to renew the educational eligibility on my personal system (I'm a Professor of Media Production at a major Midwest University) at the end of November to keep my annual support plan up to date.  When I went into "My Products" in my Avid account to reverify, I got a dialogue box gtelling my that my eligibility verification status was "Incomplete" and referencing me to Identit-e withi my verification code.  I did as prompted, and Identit-e wrote back to tell me to contact Avid.  So I did.  And they sent the problem to the IT Department.  But all I got back were notices that the problem was still not resolved.  Still, I could continue with my editing work, so I wasn't all that concerned.

Six weeks later, once my annual support plan expired on January 18, I was no longer able to launch media composer under my system ID.  Avid support sent me a temporary system ID and verification code to use, but when I go to add them to my account to activate the software I get a message that tells me the code is invalid.  Avid support sent me a second system ID-- same problem.  And application manager won't allow me to remove my old system ID to try entering in the new system ID directly in Application Manager

At this point all of my Avid editing is shut down.  All of my courses created for my teaching at the University are shut down.  And customer service doesn't have a time frame when the glitch might be fixed.  Right now I'm getting by using DaVinci Resolve to edit.  Anybody out there run into a similar problem or have suggestions that might help?

• Sat, Feb 2 2019 2:19 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,808
    • Points 19,960
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: MC Educational Licensing Renewal Software Glitch

Hi ProfHank,

Please send me an email.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 2 2019 7:13 PM In reply to

• ProfHank
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 18 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: MC Educational Licensing Renewal Software Glitch

Hi RalphC,

Thanks for reaching out.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best,

Prof Hank

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller