Latest post Mon, Feb 4 2019 7:33 PM by Benjamin von Cramon. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 4 2019 5:17 PM

Problem relinking media

It's been too long, am rusty about how to relink media. I read about selecting all my clips in a bin> RMB relink...> choose the target drive and possibly use other settings if file names changed, etc. I get a notice that no clips were relinked, believe I know part of the problem, this relating to what happened in the interim. I had to clear some room on my media drive for other projects, backed up a folder "EAA_MXF_pt1", which I'm now thinking I must have created that name only when backing up, as it suggests there's a part two, ostensible spanning a second backup drive. I simply stuck that whole folder inside my "Avid MediaFiles" folder, so it's doubtful Avid knows to look inside this subfolder. How should I be restoring these MXF files so that Avid can see them? Many thanks for a tip, will make some notes to avoid this in the future when I understand the proper file and folder structure that allows restoring a project from backup.

Symphony 6.0.0 running on Lion 7.0.4, Mac Pro 8-core, 16 GB RAM, SSD startup and 3 Raid 0 SSDs backed up to external devoted to S3D projects, realtime... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 4 2019 6:28 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York / Knoxville, TN
    • Posts 741
    • Points 8,760

Re: Problem relinking media

Mid-2010 Mac Pro • 2018 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]

isaact.co | Twitter | Instagram | Vimeo

Writer: The Frame.io WORKFLOW Guide - http://workflow.frame.io/

Post Workflow Consultant - https://isaact.co/

• Mon, Feb 4 2019 6:43 PM In reply to

Thanks Isaac, never fails, minutes after giving up and posting on a forum, I try "one more thing" and stumble on the answer. That was it, MXFs weren't in the right folder structure. I simply drug them over to folder 1 within that structure and relink brought everyting back. Thanks in any event.

Symphony 6.0.0 running on Lion 7.0.4, Mac Pro 8-core, 16 GB RAM, SSD startup and 3 Raid 0 SSDs backed up to external devoted to S3D projects, realtime... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 4 2019 6:45 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York / Knoxville, TN
    • Posts 741
    • Points 8,760

Benjamin von Cramon:
    never fails, minutes after giving up and posting on a forum, I try "one more thing" and stumble on the answer

Haha! Always the way.

No problemo. Have a great week, Ben!

Mid-2010 Mac Pro • 2018 MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]

isaact.co | Twitter | Instagram | Vimeo

Writer: The Frame.io WORKFLOW Guide - http://workflow.frame.io/

Post Workflow Consultant - https://isaact.co/

• Mon, Feb 4 2019 6:47 PM In reply to

Benjamin von Cramon:
    I simply stuck that whole folder inside my "Avid MediaFiles" folder, so it's doubtful Avid knows to look inside this subfolder. How should I be restoring these MXF files so that Avid can see them?
    Rename the "EAA_MXF_pt1" folder to a simple number only name   "10", "11", "50"   etc and then move it into the MXF folder that is inside your MediaDrive\Avid MediaFiles\    folder.  MediaDrive\Avid MediaFiles\MXF\50 
    When you open MC it will create databases in the "50" folder   Once this is done you  can rename the 50 folder to something meaningfull to you.     50EAA? 

If you want to add more media to this folder after it is renamed you can bot you must then rename it back to a number only name for MC to reindex it.

Alayne

• Mon, Feb 4 2019 7:33 PM In reply to

Ah, so just give it a unique number long enough for Avid to see it and generate the databases, then I can change it to something meaningful. Most helpful! Big thanks.

Benjy

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller