Latest post Fri, Feb 15 2019 1:37 AM by Glenno. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 11 2019 11:10 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 166
    • Points 2,325

Automatic deletion of unused rendered media (effects)

Is there any way to get MC to automatically delete render files related to clips with applied effects that have been deleted from a timeline - just to avoid having to weed them out manually afterwards?

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

• Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:43 AM In reply to

Re: Automatic deletion of unused rendered media (effects)

No, there's not. 

Storage space is cheap, and I've never run into a situation where unused rendered media caused me a problem, so personally, I'd rather not have to worry about making sure my (hypothetical) automatic render deletion setting didn't conflict with my (actual) undo capability. 

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Feb 15 2019 1:37 AM In reply to

• Glenno
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 19 2008
    • Posts 83
    • Points 1,120

Re: Automatic deletion of unused rendered media (effects)

Open bins with the sequences which have the render files you'd lke to keep

Go to Media Tool

Choose particular drives and projects

Select 'Precompute Clips - Rendered Effects' then click Okay.

Once the Media Tool lists the render files 'right click' and choose 'Select - Unreferenced Clips'

Delete the clips

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller