Latest post Mon, Feb 11 2019 11:24 PM by Adrian Redmond. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 11 2019 11:24 PM

• Adrian Redmond
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 28 2014
    • Channel 6 Television Denmark
    • Posts 165
    • Points 2,300

L-R inversion of Nitris DX AES output

I have noticed that the AES output from my MC Nitris DX box seems to be inverted (left on right and right on left) during logging and capturing.

I can diagnose this phenomena clearly by the following -

Log/digitize a clip from VTYR where the rigth channel has a higher level than the left - for instance an interview mic on the right (ch.2) and a camera mic on the left (ch. 1).

On my VTR and direct SDI in-picture PPM meter fed direct from the VTR, the right channel is higher. So too on the Avid Audio meter and the timeline audio meter.

But my suite mater PPM, which is fed from my Audio mixer and which is monitoring the AES output of the Nitris DX output, the situation is reversed.

During editing and playback from the timeline, the Nitris AES output seems correct with respect to L-R

This is obviously a confusing situation - has anyone else seen this problem, and does anyone know if Avid have a solution.

Running MC 8.5.3 on Win7x64

Avid Media Composer v. 8.5.3. with Symphony Option on HP Z820 Dual Intel E5-2640 6-core HT 2.5GHz CPU 32GB RAM NVidia Quadro K4000 Graphics on Win7x64... [view my complete system specs]

Adrian Redmond
    Owner / Producer / Editor
    Channel 6 Television Denmark

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller