Latest post Sun, Feb 17 2019 9:21 PM by DStone. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 16 2019 11:13 AM In reply to

Re: Tips for reducing echo

Thank you... DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 16 2019 2:55 PM In reply to

• Adman
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Atlanta Georgia, USA
    • Posts 5,333
    • Points 60,235
    • BlogAuthor
      Moderator: Avid Free DV
      Moderator: Avid Xpress DV PC
      Moderator: Avid Xpress Studio
      Moderator: MCA PC

Chiming in on this... my experience working with audio is to only make subtle changes in input/output volume within effects processors to minimise noise. I think it is a good habit to keep any and all effects on the low side (resisting the urge to go overboard)... and to have a good set of studio monitors, quality headphones and cheap speakers to evaluate the mix from different perspectives. You want to avoid ending up with “over-producted" sound. My two cents.

Mac Pro. QHD Ultra wide, thunderbolt LG monitor, MC Ultimate 2018.10.0. Pro Tools 11 HD (Mbox 3 Pro), iPad Pro 12.9". 17" Macbook Pro i7. Dell... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 16 2019 8:15 PM In reply to

• Tom Pearson
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 1 2007
    • Los Angeles CA / Minneapolis MN
    • Posts 2,161
    • Points 23,185

Wow Im not having that isse at all  mine works great  have you tried reinstalling it 

Mac Pro 3.5 gig 6 core 64 gig ram D700 radons with ssd os drive with a 20 tb raid, Artist Mix and Artist color Artist control [view my complete system specs]

Tom Pearson

Director/Writer Big Picture Films

Sound Designer/Sound Editor Hollywood Sounds

WWLD

• Sun, Feb 17 2019 9:21 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,545
    • Points 45,575
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Adman:
    I think it is a good habit to keep any and all effects on the low side (resisting the urge to go overboard)
    Absolutely!! It's much better to make incremental small changes then one really large change. Artifacts show up relatively quickly with large changes (and eventually show up even with small ones). It's amazing how fast a noise reduction algorithm can turn your dialog into sounding like something out of Twin Peaks (record your actors verbalizing the words backwards, then reverse the audio to play it forwards).

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller