Latest post Tue, Feb 19 2019 3:00 PM by camoscato. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 18 2019 1:31 PM

Why? and a How to...? question

Hi,

Two quick questions.

i) Why, when grabbing a sequence from a bin and dragging it onto the timeline, is a New Sequence produced? But if instead it is dropped onto the Record monitor the intended sequence only turns up?

ii) If a plug-in has been placed on one of the five available Effect buttons in the Audio Mixer, how then to delete this effect/plug-in if I am looking to start all over again?

Thank yopu,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 18 2019 2:42 PM In reply to

Re: Why? and a How to...? question

Hi,

Supermandan1:
    Why, when grabbing a sequence from a bin and dragging it onto the timeline, is a New Sequence produced? But if instead it is dropped onto the Record monitor the intended sequence only turns up?

Dragging anything to the timeline = creating a new sequence

Dragging a sequence to the source window = viewing/loading an existing sequence

Supermandan1:
    If a plug-in has been placed on one of the five available Effect buttons in the Audio Mixer, how then to delete this effect/plug-in if I am looking to start all over again?

Click on the effect button in the track control panel to open the effect editor. From the drop-down menu with the name of the effect, select "No Insert". The effect should now be deleted.

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Feb 18 2019 3:28 PM In reply to

Thank you, I appreciate those were simple ones but sometimes they fox us,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 18 2019 3:41 PM In reply to

You're welcome. Don't worry about asking simple questions. The forum is not aimed at a particular level of user. :)

Media Composer 2018.12.1 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Tue, Feb 19 2019 10:34 AM In reply to

Hi, three more...

One, how to add filler at the end of a sequence? I am starting a new sequence, lay own a clip an it is, say, 30secs long. You can add filler at the beginning, to give yourself room to play with (especially important at the beginning of a new edit, so you can play with ideas).  How to add filler at the end? It does not seem as though MC allows this.

Two, if I have a Marquee title on the timeline, how to promote to NewBLue Titler Pro? The Kevin MacAuliffe video shows it for an earlier version of MC, though nothing like "Promote Titles" is in my Tools drop-down.

Three, I've just installed Titler Pro 6 and literally just begun looking at it.  Not sure of the correct terminology, though here goes. When dropping a Titler Pro effect onto the timeline, making my changes, etc., then whether from the File drop-down > Save As... or simply closing the program and thus returning to MC (assuming these are the same thing), it appears (again, not sure if I am framing this correctly) that the updated file is default-saved in C > Documents.  Silly question, but does that mean this element is on C? I ask because I keep all work on an external hard drive and would like this new file to be stored there, too. What? Create a new folder (and sub-folders?) on the external drive and simply save the newly-created file to there?

Please advise, DC

• Tue, Feb 19 2019 3:00 PM In reply to

I don't know the answer to any of these. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller