Latest post Mon, Feb 25 2019 1:55 PM by Job ter Burg. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 7:13 AM

• Laffal
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 26 2010
    • MILAN - ITALY
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

Time Counter

Good Morning to Everyone,

is there any plugin like effect graphics that I can install into my sysstem instead of using timecode?

Thx a lot & BR

MEDIA COMPOSER 8.6.5 SYS ON DELL PRECISION 7910 - AUDIO CARD: IDT - VIDEO CARD: NVIVIA QUADRO [view my complete system specs]

Alberto Laffi

• Mon, Feb 25 2019 9:07 AM In reply to

Re: Time Counter

To do what, exactly?

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 9:25 AM In reply to

• Laffal
    • Not Ranked
    • MILAN - ITALY
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

Hi Bob,

my needs are related to show playing time on supplied video

Thx a lot & BR

MEDIA COMPOSER 8.6.5 SYS ON DELL PRECISION 7910 - AUDIO CARD: IDT - VIDEO CARD: NVIVIA QUADRO [view my complete system specs]

Alberto Laffi

• Mon, Feb 25 2019 9:39 AM In reply to

You can display a variety of counters above the source and record monitors, and in the Timecode Window. You can also assign many Auxiliary counters in the bin if you need to. But a simple Abs(olute) counter would probably get you going.

You can also burn any of these counters in via the Timecode Burnin effect.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 9:58 AM In reply to

• Laffal
    • Not Ranked
    • MILAN - ITALY
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

Thx Job for you prompt reply,

this is what I did yeasterday for a soccer match, cutting footage after entry to the field; creating a new seq starting from the starting whistle; creating a mixdown with timecode starting at 00:00:00:00 instead of 01:01:51:22 related to footage and overwtrided the full sequence; 

Is there another method to do this better with saving of time?

THX a lot & BR

Alberto

Alberto Laffi

• Mon, Feb 25 2019 10:18 AM In reply to

Again, I am very unclear about what it is you are trying to achieve. Are you in need of an absolute time counter burnt into the image? On the source side? Or are you OK with tracking it in one of the TC Counter windows?

But you can assign any AuxTC column for any clips or even specific subclips. I don't see why you'd need to mixdown at all.

• Mon, Feb 25 2019 10:43 AM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,404
    • Points 15,465

If you do not like TC burning,

you might be interested in this:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/104002.aspx

V.

AVID MC2018.12.1 - dongle, HP Z620 - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620, Quadro P2000 - driver 390.77, RAM 48GB - DDR3, BM Intensity Pro 4k - 10.11, W10 - 64bit Professional... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:15 AM In reply to

• Laffal
    • Not Ranked
    • MILAN - ITALY
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

Hi Job,

you were clear; my problem is related to final sequence where I need to start TC from 00:00:00:00 using the same source file  and the TC starts should be linked to exact beginning of the match.

The mixdown grant me timecode reset

Thx a lot & KR

Alberto

Alberto Laffi

• Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:18 AM In reply to

• Laffal
    • Not Ranked
    • MILAN - ITALY
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

Thx Vilem for the tip 

Smile

Alberto Laffi

• Mon, Feb 25 2019 11:49 AM In reply to

Laffal:

Hi Job,

you were clear; my problem is related to final sequence where I need to start TC from 00:00:00:00 using the same source file  and the TC starts should be linked to exact beginning of the match.

The mixdown grant me timecode reset

Thx a lot & KR

Alberto

So why not calculate the difference between the start of the sequence and the start of the match, then change the start of the sequence to that amount before midnight?

Or, on an upper video layer, start a dummy clip from the start of the match, make that clip transparent using 3D Warp or Superimpose (set to full transparency), add a TC Burn-In to that, make it count Source Timecode, in Absolute.

P.S. Not sure that 2011 Clock plugin still works. If it does, I don't think it's real-time.

• Mon, Feb 25 2019 1:27 PM In reply to

• Laffal
    • Not Ranked
    • MILAN - ITALY
    • Posts 31
    • Points 415

Hi Job,

thx for good tips, but I tried to apply effect you mentioned, but the sys say "effect doed not apply", consider I am working in AMA link with P2 files:

Alberto

Alberto Laffi

• Mon, Feb 25 2019 1:55 PM In reply to

The clip will already have an effect on it, so you need to ALT-drag the burnin on top of the Superimpose. Or, if the clip already has spatial or temporal adapters, alt-drag the superimpose on it, then alt-drag the TC burnin on top of that.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller