Latest post Sun, Mar 17 2019 9:41 PM by Job ter Burg. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 15 2019 7:31 PM

.exported.01 suffix

Hi,

When I Export to File a sequence a new sequence with the suffix "Exported.01" is created.  I deleted it and tried loading the original into Squeeze, but was informed that a file to play was not available.  What is the purpose of all this?  Does it hold a significance, as somehow indicated by the Squeeze incident?

Thanks,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 17 2019 6:20 PM In reply to

Re: .exported.01 suffix

Any answers to this?

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 17 2019 9:41 PM In reply to

Re: .exported.01 suffix

Some types of export create a new sequence. I run into this when I export an AAF. I’m not always sure when and why it happens, but it may very well also happen when anything needs to be transcoded or comsolidated for the export.

When you say you deleted the .Exported.01 sequence from your bin, that should not cause any problems.

When you write you are trying to open the original sequence in Squeeze, you have me baffled. You would only be able to bring into Squeeze whatever file you just exported. Your ‘original’ sequence still lives in a bin inside Media Composer.

If Squeeze chokes on that file, something’s awry, either with the exported file, or with Squeeze’s ability to read it.

You are being a bit unclear though, considering there’s well over a dozen options to export a file out of MC, and then some.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller