Latest post Sun, Jun 7 2020 8:19 PM by Marianna. 95 replies.
Page 5 of 7 (96 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 29 2020 6:51 PM In reply to

Re: macOS Catalina - Just Say NO!

HI Marianna,

Its OK to say no to Catalina but my old MBPro just died and I had to buy a new one. Trouble is it has Catalina pre-installed and unable to go back to a previous OS so I now cant run Avid on my MBPro any more. Catalina has been around and supplied on new MBPros from October last year so I am surprised you have not been able to get hold of a machine to test as my new one arrived the very next day after purchase!

Would be really good to know when I can start usoing Avid again on my laptop...

• Sat, Feb 29 2020 7:54 PM In reply to

• GT
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 405
    • Points 4,425

MC Ver 8.7, Intel Core I5, NVidia Quadro FX 570, 16Gb Ram, 250 Gb system drive, 2 Tb Render/Media drive, Windows 7 64bit Pro, QT 7.6.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 4 2020 2:05 AM In reply to

Totally agree. the customer support and forum advice from AVID is way ahead of the competition.

• Tue, Mar 10 2020 6:42 PM In reply to

Marianna,

Do you have any updates? 

Thanks in advance!

Julian

• Wed, Mar 11 2020 3:00 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,317
    • Points 232,510
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

clayton8321:

Marianna,

Do you have any updates? 

Thanks in advance!

Julian

Hi Julian,

yes we are still in public beta.  Catalina 10.5.x point releases added new notification and security so we had to address that and do additional tweaking to support it.  In progress now.

I am guessing but not stating..... in a month or so timeframe.

Marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 12 2020 12:41 AM In reply to

• Dom Cobb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 21 2011
    • Posts 12
    • Points 100

Hi Marianna,

Thanks for the update!

Is the Public Beta only available to selected users? If so how does one become one of these selected users? Big Smile

Cheers

Brendan

• Thu, Mar 12 2020 3:28 AM In reply to

• Dom Cobb
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 100

Found it:

https://community.avid.com/forums/t/198757.aspx

Yes

• Thu, Mar 12 2020 9:38 AM In reply to

• morsey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Dec 12 2019
    • Posts 49
    • Points 585

Marianna:

Hi Julian,

yes we are still in public beta.  Catalina 10.5.x point releases added new notification and security so we had to address that and do additional tweaking to support it.  In progress now.

I am guessing but not stating..... in a month or so timeframe.

Marianna

Thanks for the update. But could support not be given for a specified OS point release and just ask users not to upgrade further? The beta Mac OS update 10.5.4 will be released soon which I assume will further delay MC release. Otherwise Avid will likley be chasing the Mac OS updates forever...

• Thu, Mar 12 2020 9:55 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,317
    • Points 232,510
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

The public beta is located on the Download Center in a public Beta folder.  as long as you have an eligible plan for your license, you can use it and report any issues in the Public Beta forum on Community.

Give it a go.... it is getting close and I believe 2020.3 was the last beta uploaded.

marianna

Director of CSM | Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 13 2020 12:10 AM In reply to

• Dom Cobb
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 12
    • Points 100

Marianna:

I believe 2020.3 was the last beta uploaded.

marianna

Thanks Marianna. 2020.2 still the latest version available from what I can see.

I'm looking forward to trying it out. A big issue for me is not being able to encode MC-exported DNxHD masters in Compressor on Catalina. I would prefer not to change my workflow at this stage.

• Tue, Mar 17 2020 4:22 PM In reply to

So after downloading the Beta, I had a problem opening it on my MacBook Pro as I got a message that read in part, "Install Media Composer can't be opened because Apple cannot check if for malicious softward."

I called Avid Support and they said that the reason I can't open the Beta is because my Catalina version is 10.15.3 is not compatible. Apparently only version 10.15.1 and 10.15.2 will work. 

Very frustrating but I hope it helps someone.

Oh, btw, they told me that because of people having to work from home because of the coronavirus, it might take longer to solve the Catalina/AMC problem.

Any suggestions to work around this long standing issue would be greatly appreciated. Can't work without AVM which is why I'm contemplating returning to FCP. 

Thanks in advance,

Julian

• Tue, Mar 17 2020 4:26 PM In reply to

• dklein
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 15 2012
    • Posts 119
    • Points 1,620

Try right clicking the installer and selecting "Open". The beta isn't signed properly per apple specs but that should allow you to have an "open" button in the pop up you're seeing, bypassing it.

• Tue, Mar 17 2020 5:02 PM In reply to

Yes I had massive problems starting up the new MC and was thinking about returning to FCP.

I found that on Mojave (I avoided Catalina) MC12 only worked when I installed the latest Mojave updates. 

I deletd all previous versions of AVID and uninstalled them. Restared the computer. Donwloaded latest Mojave (then restarted)e. Downloaded MC12 then restarted and now finally it seems to work.

(Though I can't link to footage unless I convert it to MP4 first) I have tried many AMA downloads to no effect.

So... my advice is go back to latest Mojave.

Hope that helps?

• Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:00 PM In reply to

Unfortnately that didn't work. rrr...  Still getting the same message: "Install Media Composer" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information. Whatever.. DKlein.. thanks for the suggestion!!

• Tue, Mar 17 2020 9:01 PM In reply to

Scares me to go back to Mojave as I've heard a few people say DON'T DO IT! Damned if you do, damned if you don't! Thanks for advice, though

Page 5 of 7 (96 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller