Latest post Thu, Oct 24 2019 12:40 PM by dlogneb. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 24 2019 12:40 PM

• dlogneb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 27 2014
    • Posts 53
    • Points 520

A plea for the return of true source/record mode.

This has been posted before, but I want to bring it up again.  Way back before the advent of the Smart-Tool, if you selected "source/record mode" (default is the Y-key) it would deslect the segment tools.

After the Smart Tool was introduced, this was changed so that was previously "segment mode" became part of "source/record mode" as far as I understand it.  But to me, source/record has alwyas meant in/out point editing.

PLEASE bring back the abilitiy to press one button and exit all modes back to in/out point editing.

I know there are ways to toggle the smart-tool, but that is not the same as entering into in/out editing.

And there is a huge inconsistency in the behavior of this.  If you have selected source/record mode (Y-key) and then you undo an edit, you will exit segment mode!  You will return to true in/out point editing.  Why is this?  Is it a bug?

If you think of segment editing as a mode, you will also see an inconsistency.  Pressing the Y-key will:

• take you out of effect mode

• take you out of trim mode

• take you out of color mode

NOT take you of segment mode

Why?

I know there are tons of other ways to get back to in/out mode, but I miss (and still have muscle memory) of having one key that I could hit to KNOW I was back in in/out mode.

thanks for reading!

Avid MC 2018.9.0 Mac Os High Sierra (10.13.6) iMac Pro (2017) 2.3Ghz Intel Xeon W 128 GB 266 Mhz DDR4 Radeon Pro Vega 64 16368 MB [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller