Latest post Sun, Jan 26 2020 7:52 PM by krossa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 26 2020 12:28 AM

• krossa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 24 2020
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

ACCESS VIOLATION error while editing in the timeline

While adjusting audio levels in my timeline, my cursor and screen suddenly froze up (I suspect that I may have pressed the space bar for playback an instant before releasing a mouse click) I was unable to access Task Manager to shut down, so after a few minutes I powered off.

After restarting my PC I loaded MC. The startup process appeared orderly until the point at which MC loads the sequence I had been working on. It failed to load and an "ACCESS VIOLATION exception occured" message was displayed. When I dismissed the error message another one appeared and MC crashed.

At this point I was able to shut down MC via Task Manager, and on a subsequent attempt I was able to load and navigate freely around MC. I was able to open several bins, but my attempt to open the bin containing the sequence in question resulted in another crash.

In searching the forum extensively, I found a few potential strategies for resolution of ACCESS VIOLATION errors in general, but because most of those cases were triggered by moving files around I'm a bit uncertain how apt they might be to my situation. That is, in my case I was simply editing in the timeline at the time of the crash, so maybe this requires a different solution.

I've been using MC for the past few years in the same configuration without incident, so I'm unsure of the nature of the problem and how to approach its resolution. Any insights from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Media Composer v.6.0; Win7 x64 Pro*, on HP Z210 Workstation: Intel Xeon E31240 @3.3GHz, 8GB RAM, NVIDEA Quadro 2000. Media on Hitachi G-Raid 4TB. *isolated... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 26 2020 4:58 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,997
    • Points 228,405
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: ACCESS VIOLATION error while editing in the timeline

Krossa

is that all the error message says...?  Can you upload the error exatly as it is...

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Sun, Jan 26 2020 7:52 PM In reply to

• krossa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 24 2020
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Re: ACCESS VIOLATION error while editing in the timeline

Hello Marianna. Thank you for responding. The error message stated that an ACCESS VIOLATION exception occured, and referred me to the error log in Avid FatalErrorReports. I have uploaded the initial report.

There are two other reports that followed in the immediate aftermath and seven others that followed after I shut down and loaded MC a few times over the next day or so. I'd be happy to upload any/all reports that may be of use.

Media Composer v.6.0; Win7 x64 Pro*, on HP Z210 Workstation: Intel Xeon E31240 @3.3GHz, 8GB RAM, NVIDEA Quadro 2000. Media on Hitachi G-Raid 4TB. *isolated... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller