Latest post Thu, Jun 29 2006 4:43 AM by mcimaglia. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 29 2006 3:53 AM

• mcimaglia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • USA
    • Posts 40
    • Points 530

MC Software Only Supported Resolutions?

I recently edited an HD project on a Media Composer Adrenaline with the DNxHD card.  Captured at 220x, Can I import the footage into the software only version of MC and edit it?  If yes, can I play out to SD using the new SDI Mojo?
  • Thu, Jun 29 2006 4:31 AM In reply to

• doxilia
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Montreal, Canada
    • Posts 356
    • Points 4,295

Re: MC Software Only Supported Resolutions?

mcimaglia:
    I recently edited an HD project on a Media Composer Adrenaline with the DNxHD card.  Captured at 220x, Can I import the footage into the software only version of MC and edit it?  If yes, can I play out to SD using the new SDI Mojo?

Yes and Yes.

Hadware is not required to edit and composite Avid DNX resolutions. You can even create and edit DNX on Xpress Pro but you can't capture from tape or output to tape. The same will be true of MCS. With Mojo SDI, you will be able to output SD from DNX sequences via regular timeline playback. To perform a digital cut, however, you may need to transcode the sequence to an SD-SDI compatible resolution such as 1:1.

BTW, there is no need to "import" the footage in MCS. You just consolidate the media onto drives attached to the MCS system and relink the clips/sequences, if they exists, to the media.

David.

• Thu, Jun 29 2006 4:43 AM In reply to

• mcimaglia
    • Not Ranked
    • USA
    • Posts 40
    • Points 530

Re: MC Software Only Supported Resolutions?

This is great News.  Thank you...  Will I need to transcode the media?
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller