Latest post Sat, May 23 2020 6:52 AM by Marc-Jan. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 23 2020 6:52 AM

• Marc-Jan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 18 2008
    • Baarn, The Netherlands
    • Posts 4
    • Points 30

MC 2020.4 - ProRes Alpha not transparent

Hi there,

I created some lower thirds in After Effects and rendered them to ProRes 4444 with alpha channel. When I import them into Avid via link and then consolidate (is this the only way to do this?), I notice the key is not clean: the background colour that should not be there overlays the video semi-transparent. 

Checking the alpha I discovered it is not completely black where it should be transparent and the white is not 100% white so it seams Avid changes all layers to video levels. 

My solution at this moment is that I change the Source Settings. Only thing with that is that the whites of the fill exceed the broadcast colour safe. I can limit that, or grade the fill stepping into the effect, but that is a lot of work while this just worked in previous versions of Avid. As did importing ProRes files, or other types of Quicktime for all that matter.

Is there anyone out there that can tell what I'm doing wrong, or that I stumbled upon a bug and my workaround is the one to go with? Or does someone know a method less labour-intensive?

Greetz,

Marc-Jan

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller