Latest post Fri, Jun 30 2006 2:44 PM by xyedit. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 30 2006 2:36 PM

• alishe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

MEDIA OFFline in middle of a clip

Hi.  I recently found several of my clips with offline media in the middle of a clip with media that is online.  Make sense?  One example is an interview that was recorded live to AirSpeed, the interview was almost an hour long and the beginning of the interview and end is perfectly fine but around 30 minutes in, I get the MEDIA OFFLINE message.  The video is offline but audio is fine.  This has also happened with video that i've captured from tape so i know it's not an AirSpeed issue.  The easy solution is just to re-capture which can be done for the video that came from tape but I didn't make a tape copy of the interview that was recorded straight to AirSpeed.  Lesson learned.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Anyone have a solution??

• Fri, Jun 30 2006 2:44 PM In reply to

• xyedit
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston, MA
    • Posts 2,119
    • Points 26,995

Re: MEDIA OFFline in middle of a clip

It seems what has happened is that the omf files that were created when that clip was digitized have gotten deleted or corrupted.

When you capture material into an Avid it creates the .omf files but these omf's are always in 2GB max sizes.  With something like a 30 min clip that's going to comprise quite a few omf media files for the one Master Clip.  If any of those omf files gets accidentally deleted or corrupted, then the section of the Master Clip that they refer to goes "Offline".

It may be near impossible to track this down, it might be best to re-capture.

Dell PWS360 P4 2.4GHz 1.5GB RAM 80GB system drive 500GB internal SATA2 media drive >1TB... [view my complete system specs]
    Kenton VanNatten (will edit for money)
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller