Latest post Sat, Nov 28 2020 7:47 PM by Ssnygg. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 28 2020 7:39 PM

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 11 2006
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 364
    • Points 4,320

Did version 2020 change Motion Effect?

In the older versions, you would go to the source monitor, pick your ins and outs and hit "Motion Effect" and you would create a new clip at whatever new speed you wanted.  I don't see this option.  Is it hidden?  I only see time warping and other things once it is already on the timeline.

I need to convert a lot of footage that was shot at 30 fps to 24fps and replace existing low res footage on the time line.  (the cameraman accidentally shot one actor's close ups for a bunch of scenes at 30 and the previous editor speed corrected it before editing it into the timeline).  Having access to the clip in the source window at the corrected speed would allow me to use the Replace Edit tool, making syching all those shots a lot easier.

So is the tool hidden somewhere or is it gone?

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 7 1-Media Composer 8.8.4 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel core i7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 28 2020 7:47 PM In reply to

• Ssnygg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 11 2006
    • Allentown PA
    • Posts 364
    • Points 4,320

Re: Did version 2020 change Motion Effect?

Nevermind.  It was hidden.  Found it.

I have several systems. 1-Media Composer ver 7 1-Media Composer 8.8.4 1-mac Express 2.2 AB/VB Targa set up The computers I use include: 1-Intel core i7... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller