Latest post Fri, Dec 2 2005 11:47 AM by mvegas. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 30 2005 8:52 PM

• Bill Smith
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Midwest
    • Posts 20
    • Points 365

Big Smile [:D] Splash Screen

Ok,

Maybe I've got too much time on my hands.  But once in while, you need to express your opinion on the little things.  Anybody else hoping for a new Splash Screen on future Adrenaline releases?  Not diggin' the bubbles myself.  As my assistant editor said, it translates better in print, but seems a bit weak on the monitor. 

One of our graphic designers said the weakness stems from the type size and font.

Is it just me?

Whew...glad that's off my chest.  I should sleep better tonight...:)

MCA PC 2.1.6 HP XW800 2 GIG RAM [view my complete system specs]
    Bill
  • Thu, Dec 1 2005 8:08 AM In reply to

• Bob Jones
    • Not Ranked
    • London UK
    • Posts 38
    • Points 570

Re: Splash Screen

It's not you.. it  sucks..

Bob

Bob Jones
    edi
    tor
    edit-this.co.uk
    info@edit-this.co.uk

• Thu, Dec 1 2005 12:50 PM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

And the whites exceed safe color limits but been told by Avid that the splash screen is embedded within code and cannot overwrite.  MCA 2.2.1 should be on the download center soon.  lets hope the splashscreen gets addressed

• Thu, Dec 1 2005 11:33 PM In reply to

• work
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 105

sorry for my ignorance but what is Splash Screen?
  • Fri, Dec 2 2005 3:57 AM In reply to

its the graphic you see when you startup MC or restart your IO box
  • Fri, Dec 2 2005 6:37 AM In reply to

In addition to the goofy graphic, the cyan color is weak.  One time I finished flipping through one of the industry magazines, and thought, "What, no Avid ad this month?"  I checked the list of advertisers in the back, and sure enough, there WAS an Avid ad.  It was just so plain and lackluster, that I completely missed it.  And I'm an ex Avid employee ... I "always" look for and read the Avid ads.  Apparently, there's a corporate move away from our favorite "purple" color scheme and logos.  But, c'mon, who designed this stuff, the guys up in Montreal?
    Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Fri, Dec 2 2005 9:26 AM In reply to

• Sasquatch
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Nottingham England
    • Posts 606
    • Points 7,205

After starting up the system and when avid is launched and I'm at the project window the splash screen is replaced a filckering green line. It has always been this way. The system was set up by an avid installer before I started at the company. I find that a bit wrong.  I wasn't upset to see the AVID go, I need some change in my life and lets face it big purple text is a bit dated.
    HP Z420 16gb FX 1500 MC 8.4.0 Blackmagic deckink 4k extreme HP Z400 24gb FX3800 MC8.4.0 Aja express HP Z400 16gb FX3800 MC8.4.0 Blackmagic deckink 4k... [view my complete system specs]

Mike Kruft. Nottingham, UK

• Fri, Dec 2 2005 11:47 AM In reply to

• mvegas
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,555
    • Points 17,910

Randall L Rike wrote:
    In addition to the goofy graphic, the cyan color is weak.  One time I finished flipping through one of the industry magazines, and thought, "What, no Avid ad this month?"  I checked the list of advertisers in the back, and sure enough, there WAS an Avid ad.  It was just so plain and lackluster, that I completely missed it.  And I'm an ex Avid employee ... I "always" look for and read the Avid ads.  Apparently, there's a corporate move away from our favorite "purple" color scheme and logos.  But, c'mon, who designed this stuff, the guys up in Montreal?

Must be time to start a new campaign  to bring back the

purple triangle, huh!! Wink [;)]

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller