Latest post Tue, Dec 6 2005 3:13 PM by Macindries. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 2 2005 11:23 AM

audio problem after digitize on MCA

Hello,

I got problem on MCA -PC base , with DVCAM SONY DSR45 for digitizing ,connect to system using analog video (componen) and audio (XLR).after digitize the materials a few clips problem with the audio( gurgle) . I tried to setup the HP 8200 editing performace, check the material, and check the audio input seting to"direct out"same peroblem occurred. have anyone  the similiar problem ? your advise is very appreciate....

thanks

Pug_funs

• Fri, Dec 2 2005 1:16 PM In reply to

Re: audio problem after digitize on MCA

If you mean that after digging, audio on some clips plays back with a digital stuttering/chattering sound, the only solution I have found to this is to just trash the media files and then batch dig the clips back in again.  This is an intermittent problem that I have also experienced, but it only happens rarely.
    Newscutter Nitris DX 9.5.3.5 * Media Composer 5.5.3.6 (At Home on PC running XP Pro) * Symphony 6.5.2.1 (At home on MacBook Pro3,1 running 10.7.2) * Interplay... [view my complete system specs]

Larry Rubin

Senior Editor

The Pentagon Channel

www.pentagonchannel.mil

• Mon, Dec 5 2005 1:27 PM In reply to

• Macindries
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Belgium
    • Posts 50
    • Points 475

I thought this was with bad in house sync.

I have the same problem with out Yamaha O1V96 and in house wordclock / sync.

Do you have more info on that subject?

• Tue, Dec 6 2005 2:17 PM In reply to

Big Smile [:D] Re: audio problem after digitize on MCA

Hi Mac,

I had tried connecting the black bust gen PESA DA 3100 , then setup the audio input to "DIRECT". the other option by creating the new project & user setting it's still same problem.For the fixed the problem, delete this clips  then re-batch . it takes  time if project deadline. May you have suggestion for the syc gen...

thanks

Pug_funs

• Tue, Dec 6 2005 3:13 PM In reply to

• Macindries
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Belgium
    • Posts 50
    • Points 475

Pug,

Are you working with analog audio (dsr 45)?

Have you tried another deck (1600) with sdi audio?

I figure avid (or the O1V96) has problems sysncing to our in house sync (rosendahl: BB + wordclock).

The thing we did on 2 suites was changing the aes snakes for the O1V96 (custom made db 25 cable).

It seemed that it needed a 110 ohm conversion in stead of usual 75.

I think it's because of cable length.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller