Latest post Tue, Dec 6 2005 3:38 PM by m2dpost. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Dec 3 2005 8:31 PM

• svxy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Copying, Pasting clip attributes inside timeline

Can anyone tell me how to copy the attributes of one clip in the timeline, that has been modified with several effects, and paste those attributes to the other clips inside the timeline?

Thanks 

• Sat, Dec 3 2005 10:15 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Re: Copying, Pasting clip attributes inside timeline

Edit the FX you want to copy. A the top right side of the effect palette, you'll see an icon, drag this icon into a bin. Now drag it (this icon)  on the clips you want to apply this FX. If the original FX are titles or mattes, hold down alt and CTL as you drag the icon into the bin.

If you want to apply this effect to several clips at the same time, select the clips in the timeline and double click on the FX in the bin.

HTH

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Tue, Dec 6 2005 3:38 PM In reply to

• m2dpost
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • San Diego CA.
    • Posts 47
    • Points 595

Re: Copying, Pasting clip attributes inside timeline

In addition to Sep's comments... If you have multiple effects on a clip  you can do the following.

1. Collapse the segment.

2. Enter effects mode and Alt+drag (or maybe it is Ctl+Alt+Drag, sorry not in front of my system) to the effect to a bin. This will include the source footage and create a pseudo clip that can now be loaded into the source monitor.

3. Load clip into the source monitor, mark in to out and push it into the timeline.

4. Step into the segmement, replace the footage and trim to desired length.

This works great on multiple layer effects as you can tie them up into nice neat little packages.

Avid Adrenaline HD Avid Media Composer [view my complete system specs]
    Michael W. Towe M2 Digital Post Inc. San Diego CA.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller