Latest post Wed, Dec 7 2005 6:56 AM by hbrock. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 5 2005 7:09 PM

Mackie Onyx 1620 Firewire input to Avid

Hi,

I'm Chris Nuzzaco, I work for Virginia Tech in the Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center video lab. We are having trouble trying to get the Mackie Onyx 1620 audio board to input audio into Avid via its firewire option card(we are using a media composer adrenaline). We know for a fact that its possible to get these two to work together (ABC is using it in their trucks). So far all we've been able to get is a confirmation that it is possible to to this, but they are only opperators. I'm looking for instructions on how to set it up, not a confirmation that it can be done. We've tried numerous approaches from hooking the Onyx directly to the Adrenaline BOB as well as hooking directly into a Firewire port on the computer (separate from the avids). We have also intalled all of Mackies drivers and the Onyx control panel. Still, we can't seem to figure out how to get it into the Avid. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't wanna resort to rain dances.....LOL.

Thanks,

Chris Nuzzaco

• Wed, Dec 7 2005 6:39 AM In reply to

Re: Mackie Onyx 1620 Firewire input to Avid

I don't believe that MCA has an ASIO/WDM driver which you need to have in windows. You might check to see if there is one in the windows system 32 drivers folder.

As far as I know, it's not supported.
    MCA 2.1.1 PC / Unity 3.5.3 / Media Manager 4.5 [view my complete system specs]
    Rick Sanchez (ACSR)
  • Wed, Dec 7 2005 6:56 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,055
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Mackie Onyx 1620 Firewire input to Avid

Is ABC using the mixer for analog monitoring or for feeding firewire audio? Using a Digi 002 with Xpress Pro requires bringing the audio in thru a separate firewire port on the CPU, not thru the DNA hardware. I don't think the Adrenaline DV input is set up to handle audio data, just DV.
    MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller