Latest post Sat, Jan 21 2006 2:00 PM by geva. 32 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 5 2005 11:52 PM

• No. 6
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • The Village
    • Posts 49
    • Points 735

Adrenaline whats the point?

Is it just me or was this the beginning of the end for AVID. I have just had the misfortune to spend a couple of days editing on a MCA and my word did I miss the V12 Media composer. I just dont understand how this is supposed to be an advance?

swap rock solid for flaky?

lose multigroup?

no scrolling timeline?

allow a playout to continue if it drops frames?

progress?

lets wait a moment whilst the timeline gets ready to play !!

If this was your 1st AVID experience I can see why many people think FCP seems like a good idea.........

After my experience I have talked to many editors and not one has anything nice to say in defence of adrenaline !!!!

Oh deary deary me.

Its like classic Coke all over again.

TBD

ZX Spectrum 16K with MicroDrives and Cheetah speech Synthesiser, running Xpress Pro 6 [view my complete system specs]
    Who is no. 1?
  • Tue, Dec 6 2005 12:10 AM In reply to

Re: Adrenaline whats the point?

" swap rock solid for flaky?"  you had a bad setup rock solid here
    " no scrolling timeline?" who cares waste of cpu time
    " allow a playout to continue if it drops frames?" not sure but think you can set this up if you want it
    " lets wait a moment whilst the timeline gets ready to play !!" IMO a another setup issue with the amout of preload you set
    " After my experience I have talked to many editors and not one has anything nice to say in defence of adrenaline !!!!"  meet your first one then.

Human nature is such that if you start discussing problems everyone sees and agrees problems. If you start with what works you may be amazed at how much agreement you get on that topic to.
  • Tue, Dec 6 2005 12:57 AM In reply to

• cutandmix
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Posts 203
    • Points 2,460
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video

I agree with Andrew Action, I wouldn't change mine, it's a tool built for creative people, and I love it.

• Tue, Dec 6 2005 1:23 AM In reply to

• cassano
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Washington, DC
    • Posts 211
    • Points 2,640

The Batch Digitizer wrote:
    Is it just me

Yup. 

I can only agree with you on the scrolling timeline issue (I do miss that and didn't have any problems with it).

Sounds like the system(s) you were on need a serious tuneup.

xw8400 w/4Gb RAM / NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500/ MCA v2.8/ Unity LANshare EX v4.1.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 6 2005 8:34 AM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

I also agree with Andrew, I really can't complain ! OK about the scrolling timeline I missed too, Now it's almost forgotten. 

Waiting for timeline : yes but how many RT streams are waiting to be played ?

There are other interesting features which went out, Some of them are appreciated when I adit on Meridien, for axample the rendering prewiew. But also this is widely compensated by an increased workflow on MCA! That's my opinion !

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Tue, Dec 6 2005 12:39 PM In reply to

• kwarehime
    • Not Ranked
    • Washington DC
    • Posts 27
    • Points 375

Agree with eevryone's comments. Adrenaline we have set-up and run (HD too) is running great and the tolls are excellent.

No complaints with system. Wouldn't trade this for any system I've used. (all but Smphony, Nitris)

MCA Adrenaline v2.5.2 Xpress V4.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 6 2005 2:47 PM In reply to

• Sasquatch
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Nottingham England
    • Posts 606
    • Points 7,205

I love my Adrenaline, it;'s a truely modernised tool for a flexible creative workflow. I almost enjoyed editing.
    HP Z420 16gb FX 1500 MC 8.4.0 Blackmagic deckink 4k extreme HP Z400 24gb FX3800 MC8.4.0 Aja express HP Z400 16gb FX3800 MC8.4.0 Blackmagic deckink 4k... [view my complete system specs]

Mike Kruft. Nottingham, UK

• Tue, Dec 6 2005 3:59 PM In reply to

• audiodaddy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,010

I've been on MC since the nubus days, been on media 100, toaster, xpress, love my adrenaline.
    hp xw8200, 4 gig ram, fx1400 video, 8 rs146, 4 gig fibre unity, MCAHD 2.2.15, beta sp & sx, xdcam soon to include hd and ex, dvcpro, minidv. [view my complete system specs]

• Tue, Dec 6 2005 4:15 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Stop, otherwise, tomorrow, MCA will be 20% more expensive Crying [:'(] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Tue, Dec 6 2005 4:26 PM In reply to

• kwarehime
    • Not Ranked
    • Washington DC
    • Posts 27
    • Points 375

Cool [H] Re: Adrenaline whats the point?

and it still would be worth it.

MCA Adrenaline v2.5.2 Xpress V4.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 7 2005 3:19 AM In reply to

It sounds like there might be some configuration problems with your Adrenaline, but there are a few bugs that still need to be worked out. Meridien had a "guaranteed" performance of up to two streams of uncompressed and was pretty solid if you followed all of the rules. Adrenaline can do more, but there are a lot more rules to follow depending on what you want to do with the system. Our editors have a few gripes, but overall it's been working fairly well in a Unity environment.
    MCA 2.1.1 PC / Unity 3.5.3 / Media Manager 4.5 [view my complete system specs]
    Rick Sanchez (ACSR)
  • Wed, Dec 7 2005 8:48 PM In reply to

• PhilNorden
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

I'd have to agree with the initial post. I'm working on Adrenaline for the first time and miss my old Meridian system. Adrenaline seems much more unstable, crashes a lot more. Also, I always seem to be waiting for it to catch up to my keystrokes. Most annoyingly, there is a lag time of a few frames when I'm playing video and hit stop. I prefer my Avid to stop on a dime.
  • Thu, Dec 8 2005 7:03 PM In reply to

• jasonsaro
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Philadelphia
    • Posts 556
    • Points 6,735

Cool [H] Re: Adrenaline whats the point?

I said it once, and ill say it again, VIVA LA MERIDIAN!!!!!!

But, in all honesty, I do like Adrenaline.  Its getting there, the bugs are being worked out, VERY SLOW THOUGH AVID!  Its a great step forward from Meridian, and it dose speed up our workflow.  But, ive said it before, and ill say it again, the customer should not be the Beta Tester on a $30,000.00 Product (roughly).

Another Challenge for the software guys, make it work, make it work great, and please, when ya fix one bug, dont create another.

Jay :):)

Im sitting in my room right now and the little guy has been pretty good so far, hope i didnt just jinx it!!!!!
    ISIS 5500 - 240 Tb HPZ840 - MC 8.4.5 XDCAM HD - XDCAM EX - HDCAM -- HDCAM SR [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 8 2005 10:20 PM In reply to

• Scott Mio.
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 29 2005
    • Evansville, IN
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

You're talking to someone who upgraded from a 7-year-old Mac, MC V 7.0 with a max resolution of AVR 77.  It was only our offline edit bay while the new DS HD handled the finishing. Had theAdrenaline for almost a year now & it is another dimension to me.  Seems a little less stable & more buggy, but with all the extra it's doing, I aint complaining.
    Media Composer Adrenaline on UNITY Network. V-2.1.7 [view my complete system specs]
    You wouldn't think 1/30 of a second would be that long.
  • Thu, Dec 8 2005 10:26 PM In reply to

• No. 6
    • Not Ranked
    • The Village
    • Posts 49
    • Points 735

Ok then, for day to day editing what has the adrenaline got to offer me which will improve my life? I couldnt see how it was any better than a MC V12 but hey convince me.

points to bear in mind.

I work on a lot of multi camera shows,can it do multi playback without what I know as an M resolution?

also I couldnt find multigroup, does it exist?

Why would I want a profesional system to carry on playing out even if it dropped frames?

Thanks

TBD

p.s I want my timeline to scroll, that alone makes me dislike the andrenaline, if a P933 system can do it then why not on a dual 3.whatever gig zeon PC.

ZX Spectrum 16K with MicroDrives and Cheetah speech Synthesiser, running Xpress Pro 6 [view my complete system specs]
    Who is no. 1?
Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller