Latest post Sat, Jan 21 2006 2:00 PM by geva. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 8 2005 11:00 PM In reply to

Re: Adrenaline whats the point?

"if a P933 system can do it then why not on a dual 3"

The Meridien system did it with hardware, the Adrenaline (and Xpress Pro) are trying to do it with software.

Symphony 8.8.x w/Avid Nitris DX, HP z420, Windows 10, QT v7.7.x, Hexa Core 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, nVidia Quadro Series 2000 w/353.82. 2TB Boot, 2 x 3TB internal... [view my complete system specs]

"There are few technological barriers.  You can fix almost anything if you throw enough money at it."
    Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR Mac*Win*Unity*ISIS*DS
    Systems Engineer @ BET Networks [a Viacom company]
    (wwld)

• Fri, Dec 9 2005 12:11 AM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

I don't think anybody here wishes to "convince" you TBO,

All I (myself) can tell you, is about my own experience.  I do not sell Adrenaline, and am not Avid's shareholder.

Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

"out of difficulty comes performance"

Web site : www.audiacom.com

• Fri, Dec 9 2005 12:12 PM In reply to

• Brian Suttie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Edinburgh, Scotland
    • Posts 917
    • Points 11,570

In answer to your question re multicam, no you don't have to digitise using an "m" resolution.  One of the best features of Adrenaline for us is the ability to throw anything on the timeline and that extends to multicam so you can quite happily do multicam on 10:1 material for example.

HTH

Brian

"We'll fix it in post"
    "This is post"
    "aaaahh"

• Fri, Dec 9 2005 2:06 PM In reply to

• Ox
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

We’ve been running MCAs for over two years, and overall, I’ve been happy with the features and performance…mostly.  But there are days when I miss my Accom Strat, everything in realtime, and no rendering unless you were layering.  But that was all hardware based.
  • Fri, Dec 9 2005 2:29 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Escuse my ignorance, but what is Accom Strat ?
    Adrenaline MCA 2.8 XW8400 3Gb RAM DNxcel Board, 760 Gb striped SCSI media storage, 1.2 TB 4 X striped SAS 15 000rpm storage.----MC Soft 2.8 + Mojo HP XW8000... [view my complete system specs]

sep

• Fri, Dec 9 2005 2:56 PM In reply to

• audiodaddy
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 86
    • Points 1,010

I've been on MCA for several months now, have forgotten all about the bar not scrolling, timecode window tells where I am in the timeline.
    hp xw8200, 4 gig ram, fx1400 video, 8 rs146, 4 gig fibre unity, MCAHD 2.2.15, beta sp & sx, xdcam soon to include hd and ex, dvcpro, minidv. [view my complete system specs]

• Fri, Dec 9 2005 3:13 PM In reply to

• berga
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Stockholm, Sweden, Europe
    • Posts 1,658
    • Points 19,845

Sv: Re: Adrenaline whats the point?

Watch how to do mulitcam with MCA.

In digital cut (or the settings for digital cut), You can set it to stop playback if a frame drops.
    If You does not do any tapework, there are bars on the timeline which show You the problem sectors. Sometimes, it is better to get a playback at 12 fps for judge an effect instead of a full stop.
    HP xw4600, 3.2Mhz, 4Gb RAM, Mojo. 500GB SATA Bootdrive, 3x500GB internal raid-0 for video, Windows 7 Pro Swedish, MC7 with Symphony option, Blackmagic... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 15 2005 6:16 PM In reply to

• Ox
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Sep,

A company called Accom, used to make non-linear editors called Stratospheres and Videospheres.  They used to be called Cubes and Turbo Cubes.  The beauty of their product was that there was no rendering of anything unless you were layering.  So, dissolves/wipes, CG, color correction, all 3D and all 2D warps and effects were realtime at the lowest 3:1 compression.  It was done through proprietary hardware with a Mac as the interface and was wicked fast for editing.  All this from a system 9 years old.  Unfortunately, it’s passed tense, Accom no longer makes NLEs.

• Thu, Dec 15 2005 6:56 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Many thanks for this clarification, Ox !

I didn't know that "marvel", I only sometimes wonder how our ABVB system could deal with relatively heavy timelines without having some problems we encounter today ! Compard to the computer power in the 1996, 1997 days it also was a "marvel", but not as far as  the "Cube" according to your description.

sep

• Sat, Dec 17 2005 7:56 PM In reply to

• No. 6
    • Not Ranked
    • The Village
    • Posts 49
    • Points 735

Mad isnt it that the last truly stable AVID was the version 7`s.

I appreciate the added extras the Adrenaline offers but STABILITY is the big incentive for me and I am sorry but my experience of Adrenaline was that of an unstable and therefore unreliable system.

Our V12 Media composers and V5 symphony only very rarely crash. Rarely is too often but they are the benchmark to judge Adrenaline against.

TBD

ZX Spectrum 16K with MicroDrives and Cheetah speech Synthesiser, running Xpress Pro 6 [view my complete system specs]
    Who is no. 1?
  • Sat, Dec 17 2005 10:41 PM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Those were the days !!!!!

sep

• Mon, Dec 19 2005 3:57 AM In reply to

• TMVC
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 81
    • Points 1,090

I will miss meredian when it's gone!
    System 1: MC Adrenaline version 3.2 HP xw8200 3.4 dual xeon 3 gb RAM Huge Mediavault U320 3 x 200 gb RAID 3 1 x 2 TB Editshare system System... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Dec 20 2005 3:38 PM In reply to

• Sasquatch
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Nottingham England
    • Posts 606
    • Points 7,205

I thought that my ver11 was more stable than vr7 it certainly didn't freeze and take  7 mins to reboot. 

Now if you have a serious problem you can have it restarted and runing again it under 2 mins I cannot remember when that last happend to me. maybe not since version 1.2

HP Z420 16gb FX 1500 MC 8.4.0 Blackmagic deckink 4k extreme HP Z400 24gb FX3800 MC8.4.0 Aja express HP Z400 16gb FX3800 MC8.4.0 Blackmagic deckink 4k... [view my complete system specs]

Mike Kruft. Nottingham, UK

• Wed, Dec 21 2005 12:50 AM In reply to

• sep
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • France
    • Posts 5,593
    • Points 62,620

Oh yes, complete reboot on ABVB system takes around 7 minutes.

sep

• Fri, Jan 13 2006 6:51 PM In reply to

• Lamont
    • Not Ranked
    • Orange County, CA
    • Posts 37
    • Points 535

We still have a Meridian Composer running on Windows2000/Evo w8000 & a New Adrenaline running on XP Pro/xw8000.

I'm coming from a Sony VEGAS & FCP world. Although both of our systems seem to be pretty solid once we get them up and going. (Both sometimes take a few times to get up and going) - Both systems were set up and are still supported by our AVID rep and are supposedly setup to the exact AVID requested standards.

I would have to say: AVID is waaaaaaay behind when it comes to workflow & steps needed to do a task. Having to go In & Out of certain 'modes' is one of the weirdest things to me. The 'mode' I want to be in is EDIT... period. I just want to edit the phootage that I have captured. I don't wan to swap from 'mode' to 'mode' to accomplish a task. VEGAS is the king of this. Depending on where your cursor is... it knows what you want to do. Cuts, Fades, Transparency, Volume, Envelopes, RubberBanding, FX, Transitions, etc. are all done from the same 'mode'. FCP is a close second... but it still requires you to select certain 'tools' to do certain tasks but does not require a certain 'mode' be selected.

Everything being an 'Effect' is also a weird concept. Both VEGAS & FCP allow for awesome Compositing. AVID is one helluva beast to get to Composite. -I know, I know... I'm supposed to go to After Effects for that stuff. Unless I'm working in VEGAS or FCP... then I can do it from the timeline.

All in all... I feel that both our MeridianComposer and our AndrenalineComposer are both pretty solid but waaaay overpriced for what they do. I do miss the Scrolling Timeline when I'm on the Adrenaline. It take some getting used to each time I go back to it. I won't even speak about our Mojo setup. That thing's a Joke!

I love you AVID. Now, could you please step it up? Times are changing in the NLE world.

--We do internet, SD, & HD--
    Feel free to check us out at www.Vision2Media.com
    HP xw8300/Avid Composer HP xw9300/Sony Vegas G5 Dual 2GHz FCP Studio/Avid Xpress [view my complete system specs]
Page 2 of 3 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller