Latest post Mon, Dec 1 2008 3:16 PM by osita. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 30 2008 3:21 AM

• osita
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 28 2008
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Export sequence from Media Composer/ Sony Z1U

System Spec -Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @2.4 Ghz– 2 Ghz, 3GB of Ram

C and D drives – 200Gb capacity /External Hard drive of 335 GB capacity

Windows XP 2002 version/ Avid Media Composer v2.6

Somebody, anybody, help me, please!

Using Sony HVR-Z1U and I am trying to export a sequence (shot in 1080i/50 HDV) out from the Timeline directly to Mini DV Tape in ZIU camera.  When I turn the camera on and move to VCR setting and make all the required settings as prescribed in the Sony HD Video handbook – such as Set VCR HDV to HDV and HDV-DV CONV to OFF in I LINK CONV - plus in Avid Media Explorer – attach I- Link cable and there is no image in the camera viewfinder or flip out screen at all and I cannot record material. I have no problems importing materal into the avid and can also see image on camera viewfinder

1 – I have gone to Output -  Export to HDV device – Export to HDV square comes up., pressed OK and then a box comes up with export as an Mpeg Transport Stream comes up, which I do not want to do.

2- File – Export – Export as dialogue box – I go into options and there is no straight to HD Camera option

3 – Mark in/out marks in timeline, play clip and record directly to tape in camera – no image in camera at all.

I’ve pulled so much hair that out that I think I’ve given myself a Brazilian wax! Can anyone help?

- When I changed the format to 25i PAL, an image came up on the viewfinder, but did not when I changed it back

• Sun, Nov 30 2008 7:27 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,590
    • Points 65,580

Re: Export sequence from Media Composer/ Sony Z1U

osita:
    a box comes up with export as an Mpeg Transport Stream comes up, which I do not want to do

I'm afraid that You cannot skip this step.

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Sun, Nov 30 2008 1:17 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,388
    • Points 97,040

Luca's right.  In any long GOP format, if you don't create an mpeg transport stream you have nothing to write back to tape.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 1 2008 3:16 PM In reply to

• osita
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 28 2008
    • Posts 7
    • Points 95

Eureka.... chnaged export settings to hdv, transport stream to mpeg 2, then recorded to tape...

Thanks to the whole family...

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller