Latest post Thu, Jul 9 2009 8:00 PM by Kevin Klimek. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 9 2009 2:11 AM

MXF import error

I just got this footage which was shot on P2 HD 720p 24fps N which was transferred to a hard disk from the P2 card.

Iam unable to import the MXF files from the hard disk.

AVID pro HD says that the files are of an "unrecognizable MXF format" and FCP (import from P2 option), even though its recognizing the files and shows the thumnails and timecodes, is not able to import them on to the timeline, the reason being "incomplete or corrupt files".

Do I need a specific transcoder to import these files? Can't retrieve the files again as there's no other backup.

Hoping that the files have not really got corrupt, is there any way I can re encode them to an avi or mov?

Please help.

• Thu, Jul 9 2009 2:14 AM In reply to

Re: MXF import error

It's not clear whether you're using the Import P2 Clips to Bin (part 1 of 2 in the Avid P2 workflow) or not. 

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Thu, Jul 9 2009 8:00 PM In reply to

Re: MXF import error

Can you use the Panasonic Clip Viewer software to see if the clips are corrupted?

If you can't get them to play in Panansonic software, you may very well have bad clips.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller