Latest post Mon, May 17 2010 8:21 PM by dharrison. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:10 AM

    • gunsmoke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 26 2009
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 14
    • Points 190

    Error while exporting "too few samples in destination buffer"

    Hi there,

    I've got this weird error coming up all the time while trying to export a clip to an external HD:

     

    SpecificSRconverterBaseRAW_FORMAT::Process()

    Too few samples in destination buffer.

    Num of Them: 44026

    Minimum Needed:44032

     

    What the hell does that mean?!?!? The clip is 3'40" long, 3 video tracks, 4 audio tracks, 25i PAL, nothing special.  I've tried a video mixdown, tried a different drive... always the same error. I'm exporting "same as source". Thanks so much for your help!

     

    iMac 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 800 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM, OSX 10.5.8

    Avid MC Version 3.5.4

    iMAC 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB DDR, OSX 10.7 Lion, Media Composer 6.0.3.2, Black Magic Intensity Extreme, Squeeze 8.1 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:47 AM In reply to

    • St.John
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • UK
    • Posts 264
    • Points 3,260

    Re: Error while exporting "too few samples in destination buffer"

    Thinking back I think I had this problem, and it turned out to be a audiosuite effect, even though the audio effect had been rendered, for some reason I had to open audiosuite and rerender the effect,

    I hope this is right

    St.John

    Mac pro 3.33 GHz 6gb ram OSX 10.7.2 qt 7.6.4, MC 6.0.1 AJA IO express gtech drives firewire 800 connection Mac pro 2.8 6gb ram, OSx 10.7.2, MC 6.0.1... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 17 2010 8:21 PM In reply to

    • dharrison
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 26 2006
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

    Re: Error while exporting "too few samples in destination buffer"

    I just received this error on MC 4.0.4.  In my case, it was in a project that was a mixture of legacy bins from a Meridian project and new bins created in a new MC4 project.  Not sure that that matters, but I thought I'd mention it.

    I found that one of my imported mp3's was somehow messed up.  I located it by doing an Audio Mixdown on 2 tracks at a time until I located the offending tracks, then went chunk by chunk (shorter in-out points) on the offending track until I found the problem audio clip.  Once I re-imported that mp3, the SR (sample rate) conversion went through and the error was gone.

     

    Mac Pro 2.66GHz 8-core (2009), 12GB RAM, OSX 10.6.2, Avid MC v4.0.4/Adrenaline

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller